Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen

2 posters

Go down

Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen Empty Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen

Post by cool66616 Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Anderson Silva was only 110 seconds away from surrendering his Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight championship when he pulled off one of the most stunning finishes in mixed martial arts history in the main event of UFC 117 at Oracle Arena.

After taking more than four rounds of pounding from trash-talking challenger Chael Sonnen, a thoroughly beaten-up Silva (27-4) caught Sonnen (25-11-1) in a triangle choke. Sonnen tapped out at 3:10 of the fifth round, though Sonnen complained to referee Josh Rosenthal. He apparently was saying that he didn’t submit, though replays indicated he clearly did.
Other Popular Sports Stories

* Tim Tebow's horrible rookie haircut
* Why Jerry Rice is best NFL player ever

More From Kevin Iole

* Notes: Still no love for Fitch Aug 8, 2010
* Silva's comeback one for the ages Aug 8, 2010

Sonnen took Silva down early in each round and beat him terribly in each. Several times, Rosenthal was leaning in, apparently on the verge of stopping the bout.

The fifth round was no different from the other four. Silva, who was far behind on the scorecards, came out aggressively and tried to end it, but Sonnen took him down again. He was pounding away until Silva slipped on the triangle.

Submission defense has been Sonnen’s biggest problem throughout his career, and it was again on his biggest night. But he made himself into a major star, not only with his trash talking but also with his gritty performance.

The victory was the UFC-record 12th in a row for Silva, the longest reigning champion in company history. He has held the title since October 2006.

On the undercard, Jon Fitch outwrestled Thiago Alves, repeatedly taking Alves down and then controlling him on the ground to earn another shot at the UFC welterweight title by winning a unanimous decision. All three judges scored it 30-27 for Fitch, a one-time wrestler at Purdue.

Fitch, who also defeated Alves in 2006, has won five in a row since losing to champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 87 in 2008. He has won 21 of his last 22 bouts.

Just 45 seconds into the bout, Fitch dumped Alves on his back and would maul him for long stretches. The crowd booed frequently, as there were few exchanges and Fitch never got near a finish.

St. Pierre will defend the belt against Josh Koscheck – coincidentally, a close friend of Fitch’s – at UFC 124 in December.

Fighting in his first bout since being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in May, former welterweight champion Matt Hughes pulled off an unlikely win over black belt Ricardo Almeida. Hughes hammered Almeida with a left hand, which essentially knocked Almeida out on his feet.

Hughes raced in for the finish and caught Almeida with a jiu-jitsu move, slapping on an anaconda choke that put Almeida to sleep. Referee Josh Rosenthal jumped in to stop the bout at 3:15 of the first round.

Junior dos Santos earned a shot at the UFC’s heavyweight title by outslugging a game but overmatched Roy Nelson. Dos Santos hurt Nelson badly in the first with a series of strikes, but Nelson battled hard to the finish. Judges had it 30-27, 30-27 and 30-26.

Dos Santos will meet the winner of the title match between champion Brock Lesnar and No. 1 challenger Cain Velasquez, which is scheduled for Oct. 23 at UFC 121 in Anaheim, Calif.

The roly-poly Nelson, who entered the Octagon to “Weird” Al Yankovic’s “I’m Fat,” tried for several takedowns, but he wasn’t able to get dos Santos off of his feet. But Nelson took everything that the power-punching Brazilian could throw.

Dos Santos said he didn’t care whether he wound up fighting Lesnar or Velasquez for the belt.

“I have no preference between those guys,” he said. “I feel very prepared and I train very hard. I want to be champion and I know I am going to be champion.”

Clay Guida pulled out a third-round submission victory over Rafael Dos Anjos, and the seeds of the win were sown in Round 1. It appeared that Dos Anjos broke his jaw from a straight right hand during a Guida flurry in the first round.

In the third, Guida took Dos Anjos down and had him pinned against the cage, pushing Dos Anjos’ jaw back. Dos Anjos couldn’t take it any longer and tapped at 1:51 of the third.

“I’m in here to win, I’m not in here to hurt my opponents. So I apologize for that, Raffy,” Guida said to Dos Anjos in the cage. “You’re a tough son of a gun.”
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen Empty Re: Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen

Post by Guest Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:13 pm

Great post Smile

Back to top Go down

Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen Empty Re: Silva scores stunning win over Sonnen

Post by Tvcoliseum.com Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:06 am

Keep up the good work Smile
Tvcoliseum.com
Tvcoliseum.com
Admin
Admin

http://tvcoliseum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down