Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin

2 posters

Go down

UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin Empty UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 am

UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin

Prediction Linddell

The Octagon will serve as a crossroads at General Motors Place in Vancouver, British Columbia, for former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell and ex-middleweight titleholder Rich Franklin.

For Liddell, this is a make-or-break, do-or-die fight. He has lost four of his past five bouts. In his two most recent cage appearances, Liddell failed to reach the third round.

Liddell is no longer the most feared puncher in mixed martial arts. His reflexes are slower and his chin is suspect. These days, he is vulnerable to overhand rights.

After he suffered a first-round TKO loss to Mauricio Rua in April 2009, there were calls for Liddell to retire. UFC president Dana White chimed in, stating that Liddell is retired.

The proud former champion, however, had no intention of calling it a career. Liddell still believes there is a 205-pound title in his future, but now he seems to be taking it one fight at a time.

While his skills have diminished, Liddell (21-7-0) remains confident he will leave Saturday night's bout victorious. And he envisions winning the old-fashioned way, by knockout.

Tweet, tweet

Don't miss a moment of the latest MMA coverage from around the world. Follow us on Twitter and stay informed. Join »

"That's the approach I take for every fight," Liddell told ESPN.com during a recent conference call. "I'm always trying to end the fight early.

"I'm coming after him. That's the way I fight."

Confidence, aggression and power have been the recipe for success throughout Liddell's fighting career. But during the past three years, Liddell has found it more difficult to register victories.

Winning is no longer guaranteed. Liddell must find a way to defeat Franklin or his career will surely be over -- no ifs, ands or buts about it.

Liddell doesn't doubt he will win at UFC 115, but is prepared to make the most difficult decision of his life if the fight's outcome is unfavorable.

"I will cross that bridge when I get to it," Liddell said. "At the end of the fight, I'm going to decide what I want to do next.

"I plan to make another run for the title; that's what I want to do. We'll see what happens."

These are desperate times for Liddell; the same can be said for his opponent.

Since losing a rematch to Anderson Silva in October 2007, Franklin (27-5-0, 1 no contest) has been a drifter. He doesn't have a weight class to call home.

In his past five fights, Franklin has fought at middleweight, a catchweight of 195 and light heavyweight. He and Liddell are meeting in a light heavyweight bout Saturday, and it's where Franklin plans to remain.

[+] EnlargeRich Franklin
Dave Mandel for Sherdog.comCan the smaller Rich Franklin muster enough power to threaten Chuck Liddell's increasingly suspect chin?

Fighting at 205 pounds isn't ideal for Franklin, but he intends to make the most of his situation. Franklin views a victory over Liddell as the first step toward a 205-pound title shot.

"I'm the type of person who does what the UFC needs," Franklin told ESPN.com. "We've been put in the direction of 205, and my plan is to stay here.

"I have a great opportunity here, fighting Chuck. These are the type of things you want in the past, and look toward the title."

Liddell and Franklin have title aspirations, but only the winner of this fight has an outside chance of achieving that goal. If consistency is a factor, then the edge goes to Franklin.

He fought three times last year, winning just once.

Liddell, on the other hand, will enter the Octagon this weekend having fought just twice in two years. He hasn't thrown a punch since his loss to Rua nearly 14 months ago.

His extended layoff is equivalent to the cage hiatus Quinton Jackson took before facing Rashad Evans two weeks ago at UFC 114.

During that bout, Jackson appeared rusty. His timing was off. During a brief moment in the third round, when he had Evans hurt, Jackson failed to land one significant punch.

Liddell is aware of the impact an extended layoff had on Jackson, but he doesn't expect to suffer a similar fate. The possibility that he will experience cage rust does exist, and Liddell knows it.

"My timing is on. I'm in great shape," Liddell said. "I'm ready to go.

"I will let you know after the fight if I have ring rust. I don't see it being a problem. That's psychological for some guys. I love being in the ring, so hopefully that will help me avoid having any ring rust."

Timing will be key for Liddell, who intends to keep this fight standing. If his timing isn't compromised due to the long layoff, Liddell plans to apply new defensive techniques that he learned from noted boxing trainer Howard Davis Jr.

"He's good at [teaching] defense, getting in and out," Liddell said of Davis. "I'm offensive. My best defense is a good offense.

"He's been working on my defense and my movement."

Franklin, who will be the naturally smaller man in this fight, isn't expected to threaten Liddell's chin. Despite his size and power-punching disadvantages, Franklin's confidence hasn't suffered.

He's made some alterations to his game, but not many. Franklin still expects to defeat Liddell, even if he must do so at 205 pounds.

"If there was a 195-pound weight class, that would be best for me," Franklin said. "But there isn't one.

"I realize that I'm a small fighter at [light heavyweight], but it hasn't been an issue yet. I haven't had an issue with somebody being much stronger than me.

Back to top Go down

UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin Empty Re: UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin

Post by cool66616 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:30 pm

[/b]VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Chuck Liddell and Dana White spent countless hours together in the last part of the last century and in the early part of the new one, swapping stories as they crisscrossed the country spreading the gospel of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Chuck Liddell (left) was stopped by Rich Franklin on Saturday with five seconds left in the first round of their UFC 115 bout.
(Darryl Dyck/AP Photo)

White was the indefatigable promoter who would never take no for an answer, working maniacally to build mixed martial arts into a mainstream sport. Liddell was the hard-partying, hard-charging slugger who always managed to bring the fans out of their seats with a highlight-reel knockout.

Little changed on Saturday, in what is almost certainly the final fight of the Hall of Famer’s storied career, when he was stopped by Rich Franklin with five seconds left in the first round of their bout in the main event of UFC 115 at General Motors Place.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:39 pm

cool66616 wrote:[/b]VANCOUVER, British Columbia – Chuck Liddell and Dana White spent countless hours together in the last part of the last century and in the early part of the new one, swapping stories as they crisscrossed the country spreading the gospel of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Chuck Liddell (left) was stopped by Rich Franklin on Saturday with five seconds left in the first round of their UFC 115 bout.
(Darryl Dyck/AP Photo)

White was the indefatigable promoter who would never take no for an answer, working maniacally to build mixed martial arts into a mainstream sport. Liddell was the hard-partying, hard-charging slugger who always managed to bring the fans out of their seats with a highlight-reel knockout.

Little changed on Saturday, in what is almost certainly the final fight of the Hall of Famer’s storied career, when he was stopped by Rich Franklin with five seconds left in the first round of their bout in the main event of UFC 115 at General Motors Place.
UFC 115 Liddell VS Franklin Ept_sports_mma_experts-335552953-1276404877
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:42 pm

The conditioning was there and so was some of the old versatility. But when it came time to stay under control, Chuck Liddell's killer instinct got the best of him. One of the great mixed martial artists of the 2000's was doing major damage late in the first round but he got a little wild trying to land the big shot and got blasted by a short uppercut from Rich Franklin. Liddell went down in a heap. His head bounced off the canvas and he took one more right to the face. He was out cold at 4:55 of the first and now it looks like his career has come to a close in Vancouver at UFC 115.

It was far from a terrible way to go out. No one wants to be the victim of a knockout but Liddell was winning the fight and doing some major damage to Franklin. A kick early in the first round actually broke Franklin's left foreman.

"Ace" blocked a head kick with 3:59 left and immediately shook out the arm. He said he felt it pop. He also checked the arm with a quick glance with 3:01 left. Beyond that, those were the only slight signs something was wrong with it. Franklin didn't hesitate for a second in giving back much of what Liddell was delivering. He didn't he cut back on using his left hand either. In fact, he threw 17 more lefts to close the round and also used the arm to push himself up when he was taken down by Liddell.

Franklin laughed when he was asked by UFC analyst Joe Rogan if he thought he going to be able to come for the second round.

"Are you kidding me? I broke my hand before and continued fighting," said Franklin. "It’s a broken arm! These fans came here to see a fight."

Liddell (21-8, 16-7 UFC) actually looked like he was in position to potentially finish the fight after he delivered a big right elbow with 10 seconds left in the first. Franklin (27-5, 13-4 UFC) lost his balance a bit and Liddell missed with a right. That's when Franklin countered with his own short right that blasted Liddell right in the middle of his face. Franklin caught Liddell with a left on the back of the head as he was falling and one more right for good measure.

Liddell, 40, has now lost 5-of-6 fights, four of those by knockout. He last fought in Apr. of 2009 at UFC 97 where he was finished by current UFC light heavyweight champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

Immediately after UFC 97, UFC president Dana White announced that Liddell was retired. Liddell wouldn't make it official and asked for one more chance. White responded behind the scenes by telling Liddell that he needed to take the sport seriously, make lifestyle changes and cut out all of his legendary partying. The former champ did it, putting down alcohol starting back in November of 2009. He got himself in better shape going from 238 down to 215. Liddell even appeared on Dancing With The Stars. He also spent the beginning of the 2010 training hard while he served as a coach on Season 12 of "The Ultimate Fighter."

In the end, you have to win fights and against Franklin, who has also run into a rough patch recently, Liddell was again finished in devastating fashion.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:28 am

fuck i thought Linddell was going to win great fight clean KO by Franklin/.

Last edited by cableguy on Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:07 am

Yea I thought the same what a surpize I tell ya!!
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Tvcoliseum.com Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:31 am

It was a great fight. Smile
Tvcoliseum.com
Tvcoliseum.com
Admin
Admin

http://tvcoliseum.com

Back to top Go down