Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.'

Go down

Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' Empty Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.'

Butch Davis and John Blake go way back, all the way to Blake's days as a high school star at Sand Springs High in Oklahoma, where Davis was his defensive coordinator in the late seventies. They went on to win a Super Bowl together as assistant coaches with the Dallas Cowboys. When Davis was tapped to salvage North Carolina's sinking program in 2006, Blake was one of his first hires.

So it wasn't just a quick, professional cut when Carolina pushed Blake out last month, after it discovered multiple financial links between Blake and NFL agent Gary Wichard. And as Blake's role at the center of the scandal that threatens to bring Davis' program to its knees continues to expand in the press, it didn't seem like just another token line this morning when Davis apologized for ever hiring Blake and repudiated his role in the program:
Butch Davis' biggest mistake: 'I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake.' Ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-454347742-1286218592 Davis who has not spoken extensively about Blake since the agent-related NCAA investigation began in mid-July, apologized for Blake's role in the on-going turmoil at UNC.

"Let me tell you, here's how I feel: I am very sorry that all of this stuff has tainted the football program," Davis said. "And as the head football coach, I take a tremendous amount of responsibility for all of the football-related issues. I'm the head guy.

Davis continued: "I'm sorry that it has affected the football program. But I'm going to tell you what I'm more sorry about, I'm sorry that I trusted John Blake."

Ouch. Davis wasn't about to turn that into a confirmation that Blake was guilty of what he's informally accused of – specifically, accepting money to act as a "runner" who steers players towards a certain agent – and shrewdly maintained that he nor anyone else at UNC had any idea what was going on. You know, if anything was going on: "If we would have never known that any of these allegations were absolutely true, coach Blake would have been dismissed [sooner]. I would have fired him." When the university did fire him, according to athletic director Dick Baddour, it was as much for appearances' sake as anything Blake may (or may not) have actually done.

For now, that's only an admission that Blake cost the program some credibility and helped get it in hot water with the NCAA, even if it turns out (improbably) that he didn't commit any violations in the end. But Davis didn't exactly sound like a man who expects to be exonerated when the proverbial facts come out.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum