Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?

3 posters

Go down

Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  Empty Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?

Post by matthew Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:34 am

After compiling research and according to IRS publciation 502, I have found that I can claim a household member as a "qualifying relative" on my federal taxes since I paid his medical bills during his unemployment. He can not be claimed as my exemption dependent for tax purposes as he obtained a job during the last six months of the year and made more than allowed income. He meets all tests for qualifying relative for medical deduction purposes.

Do I claim a medical dependent on my federal tax form somewhere other than just adding his medical expenses to mine? Is he able to claim himself on his taxes - since he is my medical dependent rather than a tax exemption dependent?

matthew
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  Empty Re: Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 am

You can list the dependent as an expense in your schedule A. If you are doing the taxes with a professional they can explain.

Back to top Go down

Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?  Empty Re: Taxes: how to claim medical dependent?

Post by Admin Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:25 am

Good post try looking at this:

Tax deductions for medical and dental expenses
by Crown Financial Ministries

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) allows a tax deduction on your federal income taxes on certain medical, dental, and eye care expenses that you acquired during the tax year. These deductions can be claimed only if the taxpayer itemizes his or her tax deductions. Except for deductions for contributions to a small business or self-employed medical savings account (MSA), medical, dental, and eye care deductions are calculated and recorded on Schedule A of IRS Form 1040. When determining what expenses qualify, you must reduce your total medical expenses by all reimbursements for medical expenses by insurance companies and grants or gifts for medical expenses. This includes payments from Medicare.

Whose expenses can be included?
In addition to your own medical, dental, and eye care expenses, you also can include the medical, dental, and eye care expenses of the following.

Spouse. To claim this expense, you must have been married either at the time your spouse received the medical services or at the time you paid the medical expenses.
Dependents. In order to include a dependent's expenses, the person must have been your dependent either at the time the medical services were provided or at the time the expenses were paid. You can include the medical expenses of any person who is your dependent, even if you cannot claim an exemption for him or her on your tax return.
Adopted child. You can include medical expenses that you paid for a child before adoption, if the child qualified as your dependent when medical service was provided or when the expenses were paid. This includes reimbursements paid to adoption agencies or other persons or organizations for medical expenses. If you pay back medical expenses incurred and paid before adoption negotiations began, you cannot include them as medical expenses.
Child of divorced or separated parents. If either parent can claim a child as a dependent under the rules of divorced or separated parents, each parent can include the medical expenses he or she pays for the child, even if an exemption for the child is claimed by the other parent.
Multiple support agreement. A multiple support agreement is used when two or more people provide more than half of a person's support, but no one alone provides more than half. You can deduct only the amount that you contributed to the payment of medical expenses for the person.
What medical care expenses can be included?
Medical care expenses include amounts paid for the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, and prevention of disease and for treatments affecting any part or function of the body. Expenses for solely cosmetic reasons do not generally qualify. Qualifying expenses include hospital services fees; dental services; eye care services; expenses for organ donor; medical services by medical professionals; nursing home or homes for the aged expenses for self, spouse, or dependents; stop-smoking programs; wages for nursing services; and much more. However, they do not include over-the-counter medicines or drugs, medicines, or remedies purchased without a prescription or qualified doctor's instructions. Please refer to IRS Publication 502, Medical and Dental Expenses, for more detailed information about medical expenses that are covered and those that do not qualify.

Medical insurance premiums
In medical expenses you can include insurance premiums that you pay to cover medical care. You cannot deduct medical insurance premium costs if your employer pays the costs. This does not include insurance premiums or medical expenses paid by a cafeteria plan. It also doesn't include life insurance, unemployment, or income protection premiums.

If you are not covered under Social Security and voluntarily enroll in Medicare A, you can deduct the premium. However, payroll deduction tax paid for Medicare A, indicating automatic enrollment in Social Security, is not a medical expense. Premiums paid into supplemental insurance Medicare B qualifies for medical expense.

If you are self-employed and had a net profit for the year, you may be able to deduct up to 60 percent of the amount paid for medical insurance on behalf of yourself, your spouse, and your dependents.

Meals and lodging
You can include in medical expenses the cost of meals and lodging at a hospital or similar institution if your main reason for being there was to receive medical care. You also can deduct lodging expenses (meal expenses are not deductible) away from a hospital or medical institution if (1) the lodging is away from your home and it is primarily for and essential to medical care, (2) the lodging is not lavish, and (3) medical care by a licensed professional or medical institution is within a reasonable distance from your place of lodging. The maximum amount of lodging deductions allowed is $50 per night per person, up to two people.

Transportation
You can include in medical expenses amounts paid for transportation used primarily for, and essential to, medical care. If you use your car for medical reasons, you can deduct the actual amount of expenses or at a rate of 10 cents a mile. Other expenses that may qualify are bus, taxi, or plane fares, ambulance service, transportation costs of a parent who must accompany a child, transportation expenses for a nurse who must travel with a patient, and transportation expenses for regular visits to see a mentally ill spouse or dependent.

How to figure deductions
Medical deductions are completed on lines 1-4 on Schedule A of IRS Form 1040. If you received an insurance reimbursement that was in excess of your medical expenses and your employer paid for the insurance premiums, you must declare the excess reimbursement as income. If both you and your employer co-paid the premium, you must include the same percent of excess reimbursement that your employer pays in insurance premiums for your medical insurance.

You can deduct only the amount of your medical, dental, and eye care expenses that is more than 7.5 percent of your gross adjusted income shown on line 34 of Form 1040.

Conclusion
Taxpayers are encouraged to keep accurate records of all medical, dental, and eye care expenses for any given year. From these expenses subtract the amount reimbursed by insurance or Medicare or paid for by grants or personal gifts. The balance is what is subject to the 7.5 percent of gross income limit. For the most accurate information, we suggest you contact your local office of the Internal Revenue Service, talk to an IRS representative, and request Publications 17, 502, and 969 and Form 1040 Schedule A.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tvcoliseum.com Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:27 am

How do I claim medical expenses for a dependant on my income tax?

Do you take care of someone who has a long-term disability or serious illness? Do you also pay their medical bills? This can be a heavy load for anyone to carry. To help you, the government allows you to claim medical expenses for:

your or your spouse's or common-law partner's dependent children
other dependants. These include adult children or grandchildren, grandparents, and siblings.
Note that these expenses are claimed on a different line of your tax return than your own medical expense.

What expenses can I claim for my dependent?

For each dependant, you can claim medical expenses that you:

have not claimed before on your tax return
paid in any 12-month period ending in the current tax year.
Learn more now about which medical expenses qualify from the Canada Revenue Agency.

Did you know? You can claim premiums paid to private health care plans, as well as eyeglasses and hearing aids. You cannot claim fitness club fees and over-the-counter medications. And, under the 2010 budget, you cannot deduct purely cosmetic medical procedures.

How much can I deduct for these medical expenses?

You cannot deduct the full amount of your dependant's medical expenses each year. You must add them all up and then deduct either:

3% of your dependant's net income, or
$2,024 (in 2010), whichever is lower.
You can claim the balance, up to a $10,000 maximum.

Tip: To claim the largest amount possible, claim the medical expenses on the tax return of the lower-income family member who pays tax. Also group your medical expenses into the 12-month period that gives you the biggest claim. You do not have to use the calendar year. For example, you could claim expense from June 1 to May 31, or from February 1 to January 31. But you must use the same 12-month period that you use to claim your own personal medical expenses.

Remember: taking care of an ill or infirm dependent may be one of the hardest things you ever do.

To make it easier financially, be sure to claim your dependant's medical costs. You may want to talk to a tax planning expert to help you take full advantage of these deductions.
Tvcoliseum.com
Tvcoliseum.com
Admin
Admin

http://tvcoliseum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:50 pm

yeah i would do the same add him as an expense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum