Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more

2 posters

Go down

Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more Empty Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more

Post by Guest Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:52 pm

JOLIET, Ill. -- Carl Edwards found himself in an unfamiliar location on the race track Saturday night -- up front.

After leading only four laps so far this season and posting just one top-five finish, Edwards has been left with more questions than answers as of late.

Granted, Roush Fenway Racing has three drivers in Chase position, but no one has posted a win. Whether it's the lack of speed they're hoping can be remedied by the new FR9 engine or simply falling behind the competition for various reasons, the Ford team hasn't had much about which to be optimistic. That is, until Saturday night at Chicagoland Speedway where Edwards posted a runner-up finish, his best of the year.

"Second is bittersweet," Edwards said. "You want to win, but we are obviously very happy with the result. If we run that well every week, we will win plenty of races. The key is that we ran so well. If we can continue that every week, we will be in good shape."

Edwards attributes part of the success to extra help from Richard Petty Motorsports driver Kasey Kahne, who evidently offered parts and pieces to the No. 99 with which Kahne had found success.

"That team has been helping us and this week they helped us quite a bit and it paid off," Edwards said. "Right up until the driver intros I was talking to Kasey about his car. He is a very even-keeled guy that has given me a lot of help. The parts and the help from Kenny Francis are probably what made the difference for us tonight."

The movement in the right direction is enough to have Edwards seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

"We are definitely on the horizon," said Edwards, who moved up two spots in the Cup Series point standings to 10th. "We haven't quite gone over, but I know we can run that well because we have done it and we did it tonight. We just have to figure out how to do it every week.

"I hope this is something we can go back on Monday and talk about why our car was so much different this week than it has been. We have some tracks like this coming up the rest of the season that will be really important tracks, so I hope we can apply this to those races."

David Ragan, who finished 12th Saturday night, sees the light as well.

"Yes, we see it; I don't know if everyone else sees it, but we do," he said. "Certainly our engineers and everybody back at the chassis shop and engine shop are working hard and we had the new Ford engine tonight. We're making progress, but at the same time, everyone else is also making progress. It was good to see some Fords up there in the top 10. We'll have the week off to think about this race and then we'll head to Indy to try and get one."

But not before trying to determine what went wrong in the engine of Greg Biffle's car. Learning why the engine failed will be high on team owner's Jack Roush's list before heading to Indianapolis Motor Speedway in two weeks.

"Jack Roush did come by and tell me that Greg [who finished 35th] had a failure and that we would have to think about what we are doing going forward," Edwards said. "The [Roush Yates Racing Engines] guys are very smart guys and hopefully we can keep that to a minimum. I have been taking for granted that our engines run so well and we won't have trouble. We can't have that kind of trouble if we are going to make the Chase."

Nevertheless, Edwards -- still reveling in the excitement of his strong finish -- said up front is where he wants to stay, because it's certainly a more enjoyable location on the race track.

"It is great to run up front. Guys are so nice and quiet up there in the front of the race. It is just fun. It is good to have a fast race car and it felt good to focus on little things like my line and how I was driving the car rather than how I was going to stay on the lead lap," he said. "Hopefully we can apply what we learned tonight and go forward and be faster more often because that is a lot more fun."

Back to top Go down

Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more Empty Re: Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more

Post by cool66616 Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Very good post Smile
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more Empty Re: Chicagoland success has Edwards wanting more

Post by Tvcoliseum.com Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:33 am

Great post Keep up the good work Smile
Tvcoliseum.com
Tvcoliseum.com
Admin
Admin

http://tvcoliseum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down