Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva

2 posters

Go down

Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva Empty Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva

Post by Guest Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:38 pm

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, a man considered by most to the best fighter in the world, pound for pound, returns to the Octagon on August 7th to defend his crown against number one contender Chael Sonnen in the main event of UFC 117. If he wins, he will add to his record setting string of title defenses and continue to build on to his legacy as the greatest 185-pound fighter in MMA history. How did he get here? Read on for his seven defining moments.

Carlos Newton – March 16, 2003 – PRIDE 25
Result – Silva KO1
Newton, a former UFC welterweight champion just eight months removed from a rematch loss to Matt Hughes was returning to PRIDE for the first time in over a year, and with a four fight Japanese winning streak under his belt, his bout with the virtually unknown (at least to casual fans) Silva was a big deal. Well, if fans didn’t know who Silva was before the bell rang, they certainly knew who he was by the time his flying knee crashed into Newton’s head and sent him crashing to the canvas. Frighteningly, with the respectful and quiet nature of the Japanese crowd, Silva’s knee slamming into Newton was audible to all in attendance and those watching on TV. Bottom line, the man doing the Michael Jackson impression after the fight was one scary fighter.

Tony Fryklund – April 22, 2006 – Cage Rage 16
Result – Silva KO1
After the win over Newton, Silva would go 5-3 over his next eight fights, losing by submission to Daiju Takase and Ryo Chonan and by disqualification to Yushin Okami, while putting together wins over UFC vets Jeremy Horn, Lee Murray, Jorge Rivera, and Curtis Stout. The next UFC vet on his plate was Miletich Fighting Systems’ Tony Fryklund, and though the result shows up as a KO1 for Silva, it was the way he did it that was simply amazing. Throwing a back elbow out of nowhere, Fryklund collapsed to the canvas and was so concussed that his immediate attempts to get back up were for naught. It was a spectacular show of Silva’s striking prowess, versatility and creativity.

“That’s what makes a difference,” said Silva when asked what makes him try moves most fighters wouldn’t dare to. “I don’t think I’m better than anyone, I just like to prove to myself that things I imagine can be done. Expect the unexpected.”

Chris Leben – June 28, 2006 – UFC Fight Night
Result – Silva KO1
The UFC signed Silva in the time after the Fryklund fight, and while the diehards knew who “The Spider” was, to the casual fan, The Ultimate Fighter season one’s Chris Leben – then on a five fight winning streak – was truly the one moving in on a shot at middleweight boss Rich Franklin. But as soon as the bell rang, it was clear that this was a new kind of striker, one who easily avoided Leben’s crude attacks and fired back with blistering combos that left ‘The Crippler’ defenseless. The end came at the 49 second mark of the first round, and Franklin had himself a new prospective contender.

Rich Franklin I – October 14, 2006 – UFC 64
Result – Silva KO1
With only one UFC win under his belt, Silva was granted a shot at Franklin, who had over a year at the top and title defenses over Nate Quarry and David Loiseau under his belt. And though Silva had walked through Leben to earn his title fight, many saw the bout as a pick ‘em. Again, that was until the bell rang, and Silva caught Franklin in a plumb clinch that the champion was unable to break loose from. While in the clinch, Franklin ate knee after knee, with the telling blow shattering his nose. At 2:59 of the first round, there was a new sheriff in town, and his name was Anderson Silva.

“That fight was a huge turning point in my career,” said Silva. “It fulfilled a lifetime dream of mine and has changed my life in many ways.”

Rich Franklin II – October 20, 2007 – UFC 77
Result – Silva TKO2
Silva didn’t sit on the title after beating Franklin, submitting Travis Lutter and stopping Nate Marquardt. But it was the rematch with the man he beat for the crown that got the fight world buzzing. To add to the intrigue, the return bout was held in Franklin’s hometown of Cincinnati, but despite the home Octagon advantage, the result was the same. Sure, Franklin made it to round two, but Silva was just ferocious, ripping off combination after combination that left “Ace” bewildered by the assault. Now mind you, Rich Franklin is one of the best middleweights of this era. To do to him what Silva did is nothing short of incredible.

Dan Henderson – March 1, 2008 – UFC 82
Result – Silva Wsub2
After running through all his previous UFC opponents, the whispers started – was anyone going to even challenge Anderson Silva, let alone beat him? Dan Henderson, the only man to hold PRIDE titles in two weight classes simultaneously, felt that he was the man to do it, and after the first five minutes of their UFC 82 bout, he was certainly on his way, as he tagged Silva with his right hand and kept the champion from mounting any significant offense. But Silva, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, kept his characteristic cool, and after jarring Henderson with strikes in the second round, the bout went to the mat and he finished ‘Hendo’ off with a rear naked choke. Pound for pound the best in the world? Absolutely.

Forrest Griffin – August 8, 2009 – UFC 101
Result – Silva KO1
Following less than memorable wins over Patrick Cote and Thales Leites, fight fans were getting restless and practically demanding a return to form from Silva when he tested the 205-pound waters a second time against former light heavyweight champ Forrest Griffin. Well, whether Silva wanted to silence the critics or just deliver a defining performance for himself, the end result was a brilliant display of flashy defense and pinpoint striking accuracy as he blasted Griffin out in the first round and left a packed house at the Wachovia Center with their mouths open in awe.

Back to top Go down

Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva Empty Re: Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva

Post by cool66616 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:48 am

Good post
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva Empty Re: Spider Bites – Defining Anderson Silva

Post by Tvcoliseum.com Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:23 am

Keep up the good work Smile
Tvcoliseum.com
Tvcoliseum.com
Admin
Admin

http://tvcoliseum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down