Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
My first Karate Tournament I ever did EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

My first Karate Tournament I ever did

Go down

My first Karate Tournament I ever did Empty My first Karate Tournament I ever did

Post by Guest Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm

KARATE- Battling My Personal Demons at the KARATE TOURNAMENT part 1 of many

The karate tournament was awesome in many ways. I had a few demons to work out within myself to get myself ready for the tournament.

My sensei at about (6 days before the competition) told me that I am to do a new kata called Ki Hon OKAN. Ki Hon kata OKAN is a lot harder than the original one was going to do called ki hon kata yodan. So he sprung up a new kata on me! So I had to learn a kata in 6 days before my competition that completely foreign to me! And to find out that the very guys in my class (my competition) already learned before me because they had more private classes than me. And they have been training for about 1-3 months before me. So I had to work extra hard to get ready for this competition.

DEMON #1 For one, I have a shoulder injury from hell that it acts up over an over and with out notice. This new kata caused me to hurt all over again and I ended up forgetting ki hon kata yodan that I just learned for the competition.

Demon #2 I went through the fact that I felt unworthy and incapable to do and learn the kata itself in the 6 days (which is a short time to learn a kata this complicated) because of the short time that was given by my Sensei to learn this.

Demon #3 So to prepare for the tournament, I changed my diet all together…no alcohol, no red meat, mainly raw fruits and veggies, tons of salads and of course a crap load of water! It was mind over matter on my diet. Well all I crave was a juicy succulent cheese burger dripping in cheese and bacon!! Oh but I had to resist and be a good girl! (Sniffle, sniffle).

Demon #4 Then I had to not only double my training time from 4 times a day to practice but to 8 and do my 5 private classes, manage 11 businesses and be a single mother!!! I gave up time with friends and rearranged my house so I can have the room to practice my kata! I was practicing while cooking! But I had to prioritize! A week from the tournament, I went from 8 times a day to 12 times a day to practice and I stayed extra every night I was at the dojo to get my footing correctly! This was a pain to remember!

Demon #5 It was very frustrating because I became MY WORRST enemy! Then suddenly, I was doubting myself and wondering why am I really doing karate? I suddenly realize the night before the tournament that I was carrying the legacy of my late husband around with me and worrying if I was doing a good job at carrying his torch. What I failed to realized was that “what about MY legacy?” and “what am I doing for ME?” Then I realized that for now on I will lay all my hurts, pains, and failures down on that mat when I competed! I was going to finally move forward with my life from that day forward!! This is mind over matter! My sufferings stop here and now!

Demon #6 So this Tournament was a HUGE deal for me! It finalized all my struggles, hurts, pains, and brings new light to my triumphs! This also starts my new journey in being triumphant, successful, more confident, and mentally, physically and spiritually stronger!

The day of the tournament….

I competed against my classmates in my division for Okinawan karate for my age group. I got first place in traditional forms (scores were 9.97, 9.97, 9.98) and second place in creative forms (scores were 9.96, 9.96, 9.97) not bad for learning a kata 6 days before a tournament and with an injured shoulder! I am laughing on the inside at myself! Imagine what I could have done if I had more time!

Back to top Go down