Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
Dale Earnhardt Jr. EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

Dale Earnhardt Jr.

2 posters

Go down

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Empty Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Post by cool66616 Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 am

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Back To Serve Another Term As Rumorville Mayor:

Season when Dale Earnhardt Incorporated, driver and son of the legendary team owner, bellowed out this statement to the NASCAR world: "Me and Teresa do not see eye to eye. I wish we did, but we don't."

While the rest of the NASCAR world couldn’t help themselves but to think about which team would have the honor of having the sport’s most popular driver in their garage, Earnhardt went on to say that, “I’m sad that I have to leave some employees that I got close to, leave some relationships.”

Earnhardt also added that, “The main factor is the ownership part, and it has nothing to do with money and nothing else. I want majority ownership, basically."

From that day on, until Earnhardt finally made the decision to jump aboard the Hendrick Motorsports train wreck, the newly inaugurated mayor of rumorville was officially sworn in by none other than Darrell Waltrip.

It was Waltrip who tossed the first rumor into the soon to be out of control mixing bowl, when he just about put Earnhardt into a seat at Richard Childress Racing.

“I’ve always thought RCR just because of the Childress-Earnhardt relationship,” said Waltrip of Richard Childress Racing, where the elder Earnhardt won six of his seven championships.

Waltrip also added that, “I personally have always thought the racing world would be right if Dale Earnhardt Jr. drove the black No. 3 car.”

This was only the beginning, and before long the bowl quickly picked up speed and was out of control with Earnhardt having to ride this uncontrollable wave of emotion all on his own.

The rumors poured in on Earnhardt’s behalf, and it didn’t take long to notice that the mayor himself was beginning to feel the effects—especially once he found out he would not be bringing the number that meant so much to him along for the ride.

Now not only did he have to contend with where he would begin his new life, but which number, along with who his new sponsor would be, since he also found out that Budweiser would not be part of his new surroundings.

Earnhardt’s fans spent the better part of the year tossing rumor after rumor into the mixing bowl, and it wasn’t until Earnhardt made his first official start with his newly found family that the rumors were finally put to the rest.

Once the 2008 season began, Earnhardt probably thought he would never be put through such turmoil again, but unfortunately he was wrong and the mixing bowl was brought back to life, and he has once again found himself back in the familiar position of the mayor of rumorville.

Whether he is unhappy, having bad finishes, or doesn't like his current surroundings, the bottom line is all of these issues are keeping him in the media forefront, and it’s amazing at how many of the fans are playing along with trying to figure what his next move will be.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. driver of the Hendrick Motorsports No. 88 Chevrolet has to be just as dumbfounded as the rest of the NASCAR community, especially when none of what is going theoretically concerns him.

This is supposed to be about Kasey Kahne, and not once has Earnhardt or Rick Hendrick ever mentioned Earnhardt's name about a possible move.

As a matter of fact, not even Hendrick himself has indicated where Kahne will end up, and its ironic how quickly the focus went from where Kahne will be driving next season, to where Earnhardt might end up.

Some of the most popular rumors have him going back to DEI, or to RCR where he will be united with his father’s old boss.

How many drivers have gotten this much attention when the chips are down?

How many drivers can have this type of season, and still know they will be the No. 1 driver talked about week after week?

All that doesn’t matter, because now it’s become more of a guessing game which we all love playing.

What makes all of this even more mysterious, is Earnhardt hasn’t said anything about leaving HMS, and Darrell Waltrip once again threw his opinion into the mix.

Bob Earnhardt 197388 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275927642 2388094 Bob

Another good article Sal. I have several thoughts. Pocono-again McGrew in my opinion made a bad decision in not listening to Jr and taking on fuel when he had the chance at the end and also during the race not fixing the car to drive. Jr gave good feedback and no one could come up with a decent solution until the final laps when Jr said McGrew got the car right with 10 laps to go. The chemistry is just not there between these two and that fuels the talk. Unless Jr goes back on prior statements he is going to drive a Chevrolet. I just can't imagine him in a Ford, Dodge or god forbid a Toyota. Again, he has stated he would like to drive the 3 car before he retires. To do that now would do nothing but add more pressure. To go back to DEI, Theresa would have to either share the Dale Earnhardt name with Jr. or give it up. I don't think she will do either. My bet is he stays where he is and continues to endure all that he is currently going through with HMS at least until his contract is up. Then we can wait until 2011 to hear what he is going to do. All just my opinion.
Another good article Sal. I have several thoughts. Pocono-again McGrew in my opinion made a bad decision in not listening to Jr and taking on fuel when he had the chance at the end and also during the race not fixing the car to drive. Jr gave good feedback and no one could come up with a decent solution until the final laps when Jr said McGrew got the car right with 10 laps to go. The chemistry is just not there between these two and that fuels the talk. Unless Jr goes back on prior statements he is going to drive a Chevrolet. I just can't imagine him in a Ford, Dodge or god forbid a Toyota. Again, he has stated he would like to drive the 3 car before he retires. To do that now would do nothing but add more pressure. To go back to DEI, Theresa would have to either share the Dale Earnhardt name with Jr. or give it up. I don't think she will do either. My bet is he stays where he is and continues to endure all that he is currently going through with HMS at least until his contract is up. Then we can wait until 2011 to hear what he is going to do.

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276145139 2402529 2390978 Sal

@ Karen I think it goes beyond the last three races, and it all started when he first signed the contract.
@ Karen I think it goes beyond the last three races, and it all started when he first signed the contract.

Karen Manuel 305100 Default-user-icon-comment posted 3 days ago 1276147474 2402614 2390978 Karen

@Sal: I think you're right. It just seems the rumorville went nuts again since Jr.'s current slide in the points. I believe that there was a 21 second pit stop during the 600? No one is going to win races that way. I think people forget Jr. inherited the old #25 pit crew....
I think you're right. It just seems the rumorville went nuts again since Jr.'s current slide in the points. I believe that there was a 21 second pit stop during the 600? No one is going to win races that way. I think people forget Jr. inherited the old #25 pit crew....

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276148039 2402634 2390978 Sal

I still feel that Earnhardt should have never signed with HMS. There is no way Rick is going to let any driver overshadow the duo of Gordon and Johnson. And I still question the move of giving McGrew the crew chief position.
I still feel that Earnhardt should have never signed with HMS. There is no way Rick is going to let any driver overshadow the duo of Gordon and Johnson. And I still question the move of giving McGrew the crew chief position.

Karen Manuel 305100 Default-user-icon-comment posted 3 days ago 1276148600 2402655 2390978 Karen

@Sal: Jr. kinda brought the perfect scenario to Hendrick...Jimmie is running up front and pulling in the money, Jeff has an established fan base and Jr. as most popular driver will sell tons of merchandise. I keep reading all the articles about how Jr. is starting to lose his status with the fans. It doesn't surprise me cause a lot of people are fair weather fans and move on when the team they pull for it doesn't great. I've never been that way with any of my teams and I won't be that way with Jr. either. I would just like to see him go to a situation where he is competitive again and most of all happy to be in the car every weekend.
Jr. kinda brought the perfect scenario to Hendrick...Jimmie is running up front and pulling in the money, Jeff has an established fan base and Jr. as most popular driver will sell tons of merchandise. I keep reading all the articles about how Jr. is starting to lose his status with the fans. It doesn't surprise me cause a lot of people are fair weather fans and move on when the team they pull for it doesn't great. I've never been that way with any of my teams and I won't be that way with Jr. either. I would just like to see him go to a situation where he is competitive again and most of all happy to be in the car every weekend.

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276149068 2402678 2390978 Sal

@Karen: Ive heard the same thing about Jr's popularity, but I would have to say they are false accusations, and most of the fans saying that are not his.

All you have to do is listen whenever his name is announced during the pre-race festivities, or when he takes the lead in a race and that right there speaks more than what the ny-sayers are saying.
Ive heard the same thing about Jr's popularity, but I would have to say they are false accusations, and most of the fans saying that are not his. All you have to do is listen whenever his name is announced during the pre-race festivities, or when he takes the lead in a race and that right there speaks more than what the ny-sayers are saying.

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276010859 2393417 2388094 Sal

Thanks Bob for stopping by. You bring up some very good points, and you have to wonder what Rick was thinking when brought Lance in instead of Pops who clearly understands Earnhardt.
Thanks Bob for stopping by. You bring up some very good points, and you have to wonder what Rick was thinking when brought Lance in instead of Pops who clearly understands Earnhardt.

Tod Pauley 316117 Default-user-icon-comment posted 4 days ago 1276012402 2393544 2393417 Tod

Jr was as high as 2nd in the points in his first year at HMS with TEJ as cc and Darian Grub as engineer (recognize the name). The problem was he was beating the golden boys every week so Rick pulled his only engineer to the 24 and 48 teams and the team has struggled since. Lance is not an adequate cc and Rick should have gotten Addington when he was available but failed to do so. Jr is just a cash cow for Rick. He would be better served at RCR and surround himself with his old DEI crew
Jr was as high as 2nd in the points in his first year at HMS with TEJ as cc and Darian Grub as engineer (recognize the name). The problem was he was beating the golden boys every week so Rick pulled his only engineer to the 24 and 48 teams and the team has struggled since. Lance is not an adequate cc and Rick should have gotten Addington when he was available but failed to do so. Jr is just a cash cow for Rick. He would be better served at RCR and surround himself with his old DEI crew

Bob Earnhardt 197388 Default-user-icon-comment posted 4 days ago 1276020675 2394287 2393417 Bob

Pops understands Earnhardt but I'm not sure how affective he would be since he would be dependent on input from HMS engineers and others. As I have stated before, McGrew came from the same place Eury Jr was "demoted" to. I hate to keep harping on that event but in the corporate world I grew up in, "long range planning was the last step before going out the door." I believe in giving leaders the benefit of the doubt, but McGrew doesn't listen to Jr and it appears the changes he makes are his without Jrs input. It took the entire race to get the car working in the last few laps. Rick Hendrick is a great leader and didn't get where he is not being attentive and smart. If Jr keeps dropping in the standings it will continue to hurt HMS merchandise sales and NASCAR in general. Look what happened with sales of the Wrangler July 4th car merchandise. Significant results. Hopefully, Rick will fix the problem(s) and give Jr the chance to win again-before he leaves. Just my opinion.
Pops understands Earnhardt but I'm not sure how affective he would be since he would be dependent on input from HMS engineers and others. As I have stated before, McGrew came from the same place Eury Jr was "demoted" to. I hate to keep harping on that event but in the corporate world I grew up in, "long range planning was the last step before going out the door." I believe in giving leaders the benefit of the doubt, but McGrew doesn't listen to Jr and it appears the changes he makes are his without Jrs input. It took the entire race to get the car working in the last few laps. Rick Hendrick is a great leader and didn't get where he is not being attentive and smart. If Jr keeps dropping in the standings it will continue to hurt HMS merchandise sales and NASCAR in general. Look what happened with sales of the Wrangler July 4th car merchandise. Significant results. Hopefully, Rick will fix the problem(s) and give Jr the chance to win again-before he leaves. Just my opinion.

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276024733 2394653 2393417 Sal

@Tod: I wrote about that same scenario earlier in the season. Jr was kicking butt at the time. He came out and won the Bud shootout along with one of the duels.
I wrote about that same scenario earlier in the season. Jr was kicking butt at the time. He came out and won the Bud shootout along with one of the duels.

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276054672 2396982 2393417 Sal

@Bob: Thats a hard call to say that Earnhardts merchandise sales are being affected. Win or lose he is still the fan's favorite, and it goes beyond his driving abilities and falls on loyalty.

Go around the various NASCAR social sites, and you can read his fans who say they will stick with him through thick and thin. There is something mystique about his persona that keeps them close to his side.
Thats a hard call to say that Earnhardts merchandise sales are being affected. Win or lose he is still the fan's favorite, and it goes beyond his driving abilities and falls on loyalty. Go around the various NASCAR social sites, and you can read his fans who say they will stick with him through thick and thin. There is something mystique about his persona that keeps them close to his side.

Bob Earnhardt 197388 Default-user-icon-comment posted 4 days ago 1276068085 2397670 2393417 Bob

@Sal: I'm one of those fans and always will be if he is driving go carts! Time will tell whether all will stick with him. A good point though Sal. Thanks for responding. The emotional side of all of these issues is unreal since people want to see him do well.
I'm one of those fans and always will be if he is driving go carts! Time will tell whether all will stick with him. A good point though Sal. Thanks for responding. The emotional side of all of these issues is unreal since people want to see him do well.

Marcus Steib 289574 N66300268_5471_crop_45x45 posted 5 days ago 1275936750 2388807 Marcus

I personally think that he is going to stay at Hendrick. Unfortunately.

There is nothing funny about how the talks of "where will Kahne drive next year?" to "Where will Junior go next year?"

The reason I say it is not funny is this...

Hendrick has 5 drivers and is allowed four teams. It is not funny that it is so obvious that room should be made for Kahne by removing Earnhardt.

The Jr haters will say that HMS should fire Jr, and the Nation will continue to say that Earnhardt should request an early out.

Either way, I don't think the Jr fans care. I believe that 99 percent of Jr fans would much rather see their driver fired from Hendrick as opposed to watching their driver continue to struggle at the organization.

Mr. Hendrick's motto of tweaking rather then rebuilding seems to not be enough in the eye's of the nation. Rightfully so if you ask me, because so far his method seems to not be working.

The only reason that Hendrick's motto should not be scrutinized by Jr nation, is if it is infact the driver himself. This is quite possible. If that is the case, then I hope that Dale would get treated like any other driver would, and get's fired.

If it is the driver, it isn't his lack of talent. It would be his mentality that is lacking. I don't blame him though when every week his cars are junk, and his CC's strategy seems to not work out as planned. It's tough to mentally get in a car and think "hey, if I drive my ass off, and give good feedback, we might have a shot at this thing."

Nothing is surprising or ironic about Jr being back in the rumor mill. It just makes sense. Both driver and organization are proven. But neither has proven they can do anything together. Why would Hendrick not even consider replacing Earnhardt with Kahne? Everyone else has...

...Unless Earnhardt=Money to Mr. Hendrick.
I personally think that he is going to stay at Hendrick. Unfortunately. There is nothing funny about how the talks of "where will Kahne drive next year?" to "Where will Junior go next year?" The reason I say it is not funny is this... Hendrick has 5 drivers and is allowed four teams. It is not funny that it is so obvious that room should be made for Kahne by removing Earnhardt. The Jr haters will say that HMS should fire Jr, and the Nation will continue to say that Earnhardt should request an early out. Either way, I don't think the Jr fans care. I believe that 99 percent of Jr fans would much rather see their driver fired from Hendrick as opposed to watching their driver continue to struggle at the organization. Mr. Hendrick's motto of tweaking rather then rebuilding seems to not be enough in the eye's of the nation. Rightfully so if you ask me, because so far his method seems to not be working. The only reason that Hendrick's motto should not be scrutinized by Jr nation, is if it is infact the driver himself. This is quite possible. If that is the case, then I hope that Dale would get treated like any other driver would, and get's fired. If it is the driver, it isn't his lack of talent. It would be his mentality that is lacking. I don't blame him though when every week his cars are junk, and his CC's strategy seems to not work out as planned. It's tough to mentally get in a car and think "hey, if I drive my ass off, and give good feedback, we might have a shot at this thing." Nothing is surprising or ironic about Jr being back in the rumor mill. It just makes sense. Both driver and organization are proven. But neither has proven they can do anything together. Why would Hendrick not even consider replacing Earnhardt with Kahne? Everyone else has... ...Unless Earnhardt=Money to Mr. Hendrick.

CJ Jackson 128326 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275955923 2390634 2388807 CJ

I would agree with that comment of seeing Jr fired, but it also be dependant on where he goes. He would definitely get an opportunity anywhere he wanted, if he didnt mind being so tight with Chevy, but to me RCR is the logical place. As long as it wasnt Stewart-Haas or bring JR Motorsports up to Cup which he has said repeatedly he's not interested in, then i'd be fine with it. I would rather even see him swap manufacturers, which i know will NEVER happen, than to see those two options happen and also if you ask me, since this spoiler change, i think RCR has been outpeforming Hendrick and i think they have it figured out much moreso than Hendrick does.
I would agree with that comment of seeing Jr fired, but it also be dependant on where he goes. He would definitely get an opportunity anywhere he wanted, if he didnt mind being so tight with Chevy, but to me RCR is the logical place. As long as it wasnt Stewart-Haas or bring JR Motorsports up to Cup which he has said repeatedly he's not interested in, then i'd be fine with it. I would rather even see him swap manufacturers, which i know will NEVER happen, than to see those two options happen and also if you ask me, since this spoiler change, i think RCR has been outpeforming Hendrick and i think they have it figured out much moreso than Hendrick does.

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276011768 2393476 2388807 Sal

@ Marcus. You bring up some good points about Earnhardt, but it would be hard to think that Rick would fire him. If his name wasn't Earnhardt, we both know this would be his last season, and from past experiences Rick is not afraid to fire a driver.

I still didn't understand why he kept Casey Mears around for so long, other than because his last name was Mears, and he is doing the same with Earnhardt.
@ Marcus. You bring up some good points about Earnhardt, but it would be hard to think that Rick would fire him. If his name wasn't Earnhardt, we both know this would be his last season, and from past experiences Rick is not afraid to fire a driver. I still didn't understand why he kept Casey Mears around for so long, other than because his last name was Mears, and he is doing the same with Earnhardt.

bonnie lewis 235527 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275939380 2389057 bonnie

Marcus. Loved your post. As Junior has said, how do you get up on the wheel of a car that won't drive. Even Jimmy Spencer said yesterday that "Junior gave it his all the whole race".......what more can Junior do?????

I personally think there is a lot more to this "mystery" that Nascar reporters won't touch with a 10-foot pole. Would take an outside investigative reporter not afraid of Hendrick.
Marcus. Loved your post. As Junior has said, how do you get up on the wheel of a car that won't drive. Even Jimmy Spencer said yesterday that "Junior gave it his all the whole race".......what more can Junior do????? I personally think there is a lot more to this "mystery" that Nascar reporters won't touch with a 10-foot pole. Would take an outside investigative reporter not afraid of Hendrick.

mr clause 246563 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275940527 2389162 2389057 mr

I'd just hate to see it be Mark that gets asked to step aside for the "team". That would be totally bogus and a move that Hendrick would keep quiet about until the chase list is complete or the season's over. Mark, on paper, is the most expendable.
I'd just hate to see it be Mark that gets asked to step aside for the "team". That would be totally bogus and a move that Hendrick would keep quiet about until the chase list is complete or the season's over. Mark, on paper, is the most expendable.

Jamerson 11995 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275954408 2390475 2389162 Jamerson

I would not want to see Mark Martin lose his ride a year early, but I could see it happening. Mark would step aside in a second if Rick asked him to. Mark cares too much about the #5 team to not do so.

Also, I am impressed that Jimmy Spencer complimented Junior like that to say that he gave it his all the entire race. Usually, he's one to say tha tJunior needs to "get up on the wheel".
I would not want to see Mark Martin lose his ride a year early, but I could see it happening. Mark would step aside in a second if Rick asked him to. Mark cares too much about the #5 team to not do so. Also, I am impressed that Jimmy Spencer complimented Junior like that to say that he gave it his all the entire race. Usually, he's one to say tha tJunior needs to "get up on the wheel".

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276012454 2393549 2389162 Sal

Mark still has a few options. Landon Cassill is running the James Finch No. 09 this weekend at Michigan, and there could be a possibility that Martin could drive a limited schedule for Finch next season.
Mark still has a few options. Landon Cassill is running the James Finch No. 09 this weekend at Michigan, and there could be a possibility that Martin could drive a limited schedule for Finch next season.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276012245 2393528 2389057 Sal

@ bonnie Rick is very good at keeping secrets, and his organization is a tight knit group unless they want something leaked. Thanks Bonnie
@ bonnie Rick is very good at keeping secrets, and his organization is a tight knit group unless they want something leaked. Thanks Bonnie

* 1 like
* Options

Marybeth Wallick 105352 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275949570 2389993 Marybeth

“Pocono-again McGrew in my opinion made a bad decision in not listening to Jr and taking on fuel when he had the chance at the end and also during the race not fixing the car to drive.” A few weeks ago McGrew gave him fuel and no tires when everyone else got 2 or 4 tires. I have wondered how much McGrew gets paid to come up with half way believable ways to screw up Jr.’s race so that he finishes poorly, no matter how well he ran most of the race. Some cc’s get a bonus for a win, I think Lance gets a bonus for hobbling Jr..

“I personally think there is a lot more to this "mystery" that Nascar reporters won't touch with a 10-foot pole. Would take an outside investigative reporter not afraid of Hendrick.” Maybe we could get the guy at National Enquirer who uncovered the John Edwards story. They seem to like doing articles on Jr.

“Pocono-again McGrew in my opinion made a bad decision in not listening to Jr and taking on fuel when he had the chance at the end and also during the race not fixing the car to drive.” A few weeks ago McGrew gave him fuel and no tires when everyone else got 2 or 4 tires. I have wondered how much McGrew gets paid to come up with half way believable ways to screw up Jr.’s race so that he finishes poorly, no matter how well he ran most of the race. Some cc’s get a bonus for a win, I think Lance gets a bonus for hobbling Jr.. “I personally think there is a lot more to this "mystery" that Nascar reporters won't touch with a 10-foot pole. Would take an outside investigative reporter not afraid of Hendrick.” Maybe we could get the guy at National Enquirer who uncovered the John Edwards story. They seem to like doing articles on Jr.

* 2 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276012765 2393568 2389993 Sal

@ Marybeth Thanks for the comment. Im sure the National Enquirer would jump on that story.
@ Marybeth Thanks for the comment. Im sure the National Enquirer would jump on that story.

* 1 like
* Options

Andy Evans 313627 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275952586 2390288 Andy

Maybe they should figure out how to Tony Sr. back on top of the box. I know Tony Sr. doesn't want the job but maybe he can at least get Jr running up front. We should also realize Jr has only on 3 races since 2004 that is a good 5 years. 04 was also the last year Eury Sr. was on top of the box. Jr's career is far from over and the Hendrick deal can work but they're going to have to find the right people. I think getting Eury Sr back at least temperaley to put something together may be a step in the right direction. We know Jr. can drive, we know Hendrick has the best cars, what else is left?
Maybe they should figure out how to Tony Sr. back on top of the box. I know Tony Sr. doesn't want the job but maybe he can at least get Jr running up front. We should also realize Jr has only on 3 races since 2004 that is a good 5 years. 04 was also the last year Eury Sr. was on top of the box. Jr's career is far from over and the Hendrick deal can work but they're going to have to find the right people. I think getting Eury Sr back at least temperaley to put something together may be a step in the right direction. We know Jr. can drive, we know Hendrick has the best cars, what else is left?

* 1 like
* Options

Jamerson 11995 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275954275 2390464 2390288 Jamerson

This won't happen. And shouldn't happen. Eury Sr. has never worked with the current Cup car, and I believe he would have trouble adjusting on it. He would have the personality I think Junior needs, but not the technical knowledge. Also, Eury Sr. has said he doesn't want the job and won't take it. I think he's more than content working for JRM and mentoring younger drivers.
This won't happen. And shouldn't happen. Eury Sr. has never worked with the current Cup car, and I believe he would have trouble adjusting on it. He would have the personality I think Junior needs, but not the technical knowledge. Also, Eury Sr. has said he doesn't want the job and won't take it. I think he's more than content working for JRM and mentoring younger drivers.

* 0 likes
* Options

Marcus Steib 289574 N66300268_5471_crop_45x45 posted 5 days ago 1275955661 2390607 2390464 Marcus

I agree that this won't happen, which is unfortunate. I think that Eury Sr. genuinely doesn't want the job because he is past the point in his life where he wants to take the risk involved in taking on the job. I do not buy the fact that Eury has no knowledge of the COT as being a real factor. Dave Rodgers also had no knowledge of the COT before he took over for Kyle Busch last fall.
I agree that this won't happen, which is unfortunate. I think that Eury Sr. genuinely doesn't want the job because he is past the point in his life where he wants to take the risk involved in taking on the job. I do not buy the fact that Eury has no knowledge of the COT as being a real factor. Dave Rodgers also had no knowledge of the COT before he took over for Kyle Busch last fall.

* 0 likes
* Options

Marybeth Wallick 105352 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275962228 2391074 2390464 Marybeth

@Marcus: When Nationwide was testing in Daytona a few weeks back, Sr. was busily learning the new COT. So now he knows. He did not want to go back on Jr's. pit box at DEI, so Jr. wasn't winning. When Jr. decided to leave, believing Hendrick's bubble of wins and championships, Sr. ripped him for leaving DEI & causing their demise. Go figure.
When Nationwide was testing in Daytona a few weeks back, Sr. was busily learning the new COT. So now he knows. He did not want to go back on Jr's. pit box at DEI, so Jr. wasn't winning. When Jr. decided to leave, believing Hendrick's bubble of wins and championships, Sr. ripped him for leaving DEI & causing their demise. Go figure.

* 0 likes
* Options

Marybeth Wallick 105352 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275962229 2391075 2390464 Marybeth

@Marcus: When Nationwide was testing in Daytona a few weeks back, Sr. was busily learning the new COT. So now he knows. He did not want to go back on Jr's. pit box at DEI, so Jr. wasn't winning. When Jr. decided to leave, believing Hendrick's bubble of wins and championships, Sr. ripped him for leaving DEI & causing their demise. Go figure.
When Nationwide was testing in Daytona a few weeks back, Sr. was busily learning the new COT. So now he knows. He did not want to go back on Jr's. pit box at DEI, so Jr. wasn't winning. When Jr. decided to leave, believing Hendrick's bubble of wins and championships, Sr. ripped him for leaving DEI & causing their demise. Go figure.

* 0 likes
* Options

Kelly Crandall 31717 Photo_17_crop_45x45 posted 5 days ago 1276000048 2392804 2390464 Kelly

@Marybeth: I'm not sure where you got that information about Sr. ripping Jr. but it's false.
I'm not sure where you got that information about Sr. ripping Jr. but it's false.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276013062 2393596 2390464 Sal

@Marcus: I agree with what you said about Pops. I think he is at a point in his life where he doesn't need headaches, and if it happens that Jr continues on this path he doesn't want his name slung through the mud.
I agree with what you said about Pops. I think he is at a point in his life where he doesn't need headaches, and if it happens that Jr continues on this path he doesn't want his name slung through the mud.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276013303 2393613 2390464 Sal

@Marybeth: I never heard about Pops ripping anybody. Thats not the way Pops does things. Id like to see the quote that you are talking about.
I never heard about Pops ripping anybody. Thats not the way Pops does things. Id like to see the quote that you are talking about.

* 1 like
* Options

Jamerson 11995 Default-user-icon-comment posted 4 days ago 1276030917 2395245 2390464 Jamerson

@Marybeth: Ditto on wanting to see the quote from Pops. I don't think that's true.

And just because Pops has worked with the Nationwide COT doesn't mean he'll immediately be able to adjust on the Cup car. They are very similar, but not exactly the same.
Ditto on wanting to see the quote from Pops. I don't think that's true. And just because Pops has worked with the Nationwide COT doesn't mean he'll immediately be able to adjust on the Cup car. They are very similar, but not exactly the same.

* 1 like
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276039987 2396033 2390464 Sal

@Jamerson: I know for a fact Pops never said that, and its to bad when the fans, and some of the so-called writers try to put words in the drivers mouths.
I know for a fact Pops never said that, and its to bad when the fans, and some of the so-called writers try to put words in the drivers mouths.

* 1 like
* Options

Jamerson 11995 Default-user-icon-comment posted 4 days ago 1276046987 2396483 2390464 Jamerson

@Sal: Definitely agree on that. Or it may be that some quote from Pops was taken out of context and twisted to make it sound like he was coming down on Junior when he was really intending to say something completely different.
Definitely agree on that. Or it may be that some quote from Pops was taken out of context and twisted to make it sound like he was coming down on Junior when he was really intending to say something completely different.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276054922 2396990 2390464 Sal

@Jamerson: It seems anytime Earnhardts name is thrown into a mix, all of a sudden you have all these phantom quotes that not even Earnhardt or anyone who is associated with him have heard.
It seems anytime Earnhardts name is thrown into a mix, all of a sudden you have all these phantom quotes that not even Earnhardt or anyone who is associated with him have heard.

* 0 likes
* Options

Marybeth Wallick 105352 Default-user-icon-comment posted 3 days ago 1276123745 2401066 2390464 Marybeth

@Sal: I have tried to go back and find the quote. The greater gist was that Jr.'s leaving DEI would mean that a lot of people would lose their jobs. He was angry and yelling. I found it more than one place. But it was a few years ago.
I have tried to go back and find the quote. The greater gist was that Jr.'s leaving DEI would mean that a lot of people would lose their jobs. He was angry and yelling. I found it more than one place. But it was a few years ago.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276134625 2401797 2390464 Sal

@Marybeth: I followed the whole ordeal before and after Earnhardt leaving DEI, and after meeting Pops and his son, I can tell you that he would never bad mouth anyone or anything.

That is not his nature, and if he did say anything like that it wouldn't be very hard to find. I have been able to find quotes from 40 years ago.
I followed the whole ordeal before and after Earnhardt leaving DEI, and after meeting Pops and his son, I can tell you that he would never bad mouth anyone or anything. That is not his nature, and if he did say anything like that it wouldn't be very hard to find. I have been able to find quotes from 40 years ago.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276143101 2402426 2390288 Sal

@ Andy In my own opinion, Earnhardt needs to get out of Hendrick if he ever expects to get his career back where it used to be.
@ Andy In my own opinion, Earnhardt needs to get out of Hendrick if he ever expects to get his career back where it used to be.

* 0 likes
* Options

Ernie Martinez 315876 Moi_crop_45x45 posted 5 days ago 1275956167 2390658 Ernie

Totally agree with Bob E. Once again I wait with restrained anticipation for "silly season" 2010-2011, ought to be a good 'un,
Totally agree with Bob E. Once again I wait with restrained anticipation for "silly season" 2010-2011, ought to be a good 'un,

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276013337 2393617 2390658 Sal

@ Ernie Thanks Ernie for stopping by.
@ Ernie Thanks Ernie for stopping by.

* 0 likes
* Options

Dan D 310469 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275958663 2390838 Dan

Good read Sal, and as usual someone is looking for Eury Sr. to be on top of the pit box for Jr. even after he said he doesn't know anything about the COT and currently has his hands full with the new nationwide car. I feel bad for McGrew, if he does what Jr. wants instead of what he thinks is right, and Jr. doesn't perform he gets lambasted for listening to an emotional driver and he is the crew chief so he should know better and when he does what he thinks should be done and Jr. doesn't perform he gets it again for not listening, a catch 22 if I ever saw one. Jr. put his car in 3rd spot to start the race and he was fast in practice with the same car and set up and a few laps into the race he was falling back, who do you blame that on? As for Jr.'s input, he tells Lance he needs more front grip and when he gets it then the car is too loose which happens with too much front grip, he tells Lance that he needs the car tightened up and then he says he can't steer it into the corner, thats the hard part of Lance's job, trying to determine how much to adjust the car based on what the driver tells him and Jr. constantly says the car is bad and the next thing that happens is the crew over adjust it and it gets worse and that is why I keep saying that Jr. can't drive the COT because he seems to want the car to feel the same as always and every driver in the series has stated that the car doesn't feel or drive like the old version, it's time for Jr. to eith learn to adjust his driving style or move to another team and see if the results change. No matter what happens there will always be someone making excuses for what is wrong with Jr.'s team or car or both.
Good read Sal, and as usual someone is looking for Eury Sr. to be on top of the pit box for Jr. even after he said he doesn't know anything about the COT and currently has his hands full with the new nationwide car. I feel bad for McGrew, if he does what Jr. wants instead of what he thinks is right, and Jr. doesn't perform he gets lambasted for listening to an emotional driver and he is the crew chief so he should know better and when he does what he thinks should be done and Jr. doesn't perform he gets it again for not listening, a catch 22 if I ever saw one. Jr. put his car in 3rd spot to start the race and he was fast in practice with the same car and set up and a few laps into the race he was falling back, who do you blame that on? As for Jr.'s input, he tells Lance he needs more front grip and when he gets it then the car is too loose which happens with too much front grip, he tells Lance that he needs the car tightened up and then he says he can't steer it into the corner, thats the hard part of Lance's job, trying to determine how much to adjust the car based on what the driver tells him and Jr. constantly says the car is bad and the next thing that happens is the crew over adjust it and it gets worse and that is why I keep saying that Jr. can't drive the COT because he seems to want the car to feel the same as always and every driver in the series has stated that the car doesn't feel or drive like the old version, it's time for Jr. to eith learn to adjust his driving style or move to another team and see if the results change. No matter what happens there will always be someone making excuses for what is wrong with Jr.'s team or car or both.

* 2 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276055343 2397010 2390838 Sal

@ Dan Lance is in a catch-22 situation with Earnhardt. But when you think about his current situation, it really doesn't matter who is on top of the box. The fans will always put the blame on the crew chief, especially when the driver doesn't say anything or at least try to take the blame.
@ Dan Lance is in a catch-22 situation with Earnhardt. But when you think about his current situation, it really doesn't matter who is on top of the box. The fans will always put the blame on the crew chief, especially when the driver doesn't say anything or at least try to take the blame.

* 0 likes
* Options

Frankie Forney 315964 Default-user-icon-comment posted 5 days ago 1275972451 2391848 Frankie

I've been a Jr fan all my racing watching career and to be honest Dale has never seemed to really be the same since he left DEI. I mean when he joined Hendrick he seemed really excited and i was to we all thought he was really going to start hitting peaks, but it hasnt happend and im tired of waiting. I honestly don't believe JR. will leave HMS but if Hendrick don't give him a team or a crew chief that can make it happend for him then hes probably going to have to leave if he ever wants to see victory lane again. I really would like to see Jr. drive the #8 car again. I think it would be Bad Ass to see him drive the #3 car but i mean that's for a Dale Earnhardt fan and is much as i like dale sr. im a true dale jr. fan so i would love to see that #8 car again. In all reality i think it's just a matter of time before dale jr does something really big....but then again if he keeps going down the path of midpack finishes Nascar wont be any fun to watch unless your a Jimmie Johnson, denny hamlin, or kyle busch fan. I just wish Junior would pick up the pieces and start driving like he used to drive. Dales my favorite driver and i know deep down hes going to get back in victory lane. So, with that sad i think Hendrick and McGrew need to get there heads out of there ass and start putting jr. in better cars that can actually win. Because if you listen to interviews on satellite radio or any where else you'll start to find out how much Dale has to fight those cars just to finish in the top 15.
I've been a Jr fan all my racing watching career and to be honest Dale has never seemed to really be the same since he left DEI. I mean when he joined Hendrick he seemed really excited and i was to we all thought he was really going to start hitting peaks, but it hasnt happend and im tired of waiting. I honestly don't believe JR. will leave HMS but if Hendrick don't give him a team or a crew chief that can make it happend for him then hes probably going to have to leave if he ever wants to see victory lane again. I really would like to see Jr. drive the #8 car again. I think it would be Bad Ass to see him drive the #3 car but i mean that's for a Dale Earnhardt fan and is much as i like dale sr. im a true dale jr. fan so i would love to see that #8 car again. In all reality i think it's just a matter of time before dale jr does something really big....but then again if he keeps going down the path of midpack finishes Nascar wont be any fun to watch unless your a Jimmie Johnson, denny hamlin, or kyle busch fan. I just wish Junior would pick up the pieces and start driving like he used to drive. Dales my favorite driver and i know deep down hes going to get back in victory lane. So, with that sad i think Hendrick and McGrew need to get there heads out of there ass and start putting jr. in better cars that can actually win. Because if you listen to interviews on satellite radio or any where else you'll start to find out how much Dale has to fight those cars just to finish in the top 15.

* 4 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 4 days ago 1276055745 2397034 2391848 Sal

@ Frankie. You started out good until you put the blame on his equipment. Look carefully at the Earnhardt of old as compared to the Earnhardt of new. There is a difference in his driving style, and its almost as if he loses concentration once the race is halfway over.

He tends to get lazy and he seems to lose interest. Of course this just my opinion.
@ Frankie. You started out good until you put the blame on his equipment. Look carefully at the Earnhardt of old as compared to the Earnhardt of new. There is a difference in his driving style, and its almost as if he loses concentration once the race is halfway over. He tends to get lazy and he seems to lose interest. Of course this just my opinion.

* 0 likes
* Options

jeff clark 311163 Default-user-icon-comment posted 4 days ago 1276021629 2394378 jeff

its a team effort and there a multitude of factors that lead to race wins, the driver being talented is #1, the crew chief is #1.5, the crew is #1.75 that's how tight it is. Then there is the multitudes of factor's on the track, the best drivers can be taken out or crippled during the race, a great example is the 48 team, who in their right mind thinks they have fallen apart at the seams, it's racing.
JR. is going to get his groove on sooner or later, Hendricks was not in my OPINION a great fit to begin with, It's a organisation of Prima Donnas which is a great fit for Girly Boy Kayne, honestly I laughed like a kid on dope when I heard that Bud was going to be Kaynes Primary sponsor, there is a performance clause in every contract and for Jr's sake I hope that Rick
offers to let him go and Jr is smart enough to take that offer and go on to a team that will allow him to be that kid now man who has the talent and attitude to kick a$$, its my OPINIOIN
that this Hendricks formula of so called White Hat Drivers Attitude is most definitely not right for Jr.
Cut the Hound loose with a take no prisoners attitude and a team who are on the same page, Jr Motor Sports and RCR may be it , who knows, remember Jr. drove and won under the tutelage of RCR and Sr.
its a team effort and there a multitude of factors that lead to race wins, the driver being talented is #1, the crew chief is #1.5, the crew is #1.75 that's how tight it is. Then there is the multitudes of factor's on the track, the best drivers can be taken out or crippled during the race, a great example is the 48 team, who in their right mind thinks they have fallen apart at the seams, it's racing. JR. is going to get his groove on sooner or later, Hendricks was not in my OPINION a great fit to begin with, It's a organisation of Prima Donnas which is a great fit for Girly Boy Kayne, honestly I laughed like a kid on dope when I heard that Bud was going to be Kaynes Primary sponsor, there is a performance clause in every contract and for Jr's sake I hope that Rick offers to let him go and Jr is smart enough to take that offer and go on to a team that will allow him to be that kid now man who has the talent and attitude to kick a$$, its my OPINIOIN that this Hendricks formula of so called White Hat Drivers Attitude is most definitely not right for Jr. Cut the Hound loose with a take no prisoners attitude and a team who are on the same page, Jr Motor Sports and RCR may be it , who knows, remember Jr. drove and won under the tutelage of RCR and Sr.

* 1 like
* Options

Eric Bernhard N1054804808_5420_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276108863 2399788 2394378 Eric

honestly i think dale struggles because he is to reliant on his sim racing/i-racing, i think he needs to stop worry about his sim racing until he starts getting in the groove of his real racing. i mean everything i look on iracing he has ran alot and should be focused on what he is getting paid for......
honestly i think dale struggles because he is to reliant on his sim racing/i-racing, i think he needs to stop worry about his sim racing until he starts getting in the groove of his real racing. i mean everything i look on iracing he has ran alot and should be focused on what he is getting paid for......

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276134731 2401804 2399788 Sal

@ Eric I thing what is going on goes way beyond him racing in some on-line racing league. He was avid video game player back when he was with DEI, and he was able to balance the two.
@ Eric I thing what is going on goes way beyond him racing in some on-line racing league. He was avid video game player back when he was with DEI, and he was able to balance the two.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276134935 2401827 2394378 Sal

@ jeff Show me any kind of a quote where anyone from the No. 48 has mentioned they have fallen apart at the seams. And why the digs at Kahne? All that was unnecessary and it does nothing to back-up what you are trying to say.

I do agree that it is your opinion, and nothing else. Thanks for stopping by.
@ jeff Show me any kind of a quote where anyone from the No. 48 has mentioned they have fallen apart at the seams. And why the digs at Kahne? All that was unnecessary and it does nothing to back-up what you are trying to say. I do agree that it is your opinion, and nothing else. Thanks for stopping by.

* 0 likes
* Options

jeff clark 311163 Default-user-icon-comment posted 3 days ago 1276142523 2402381 2401827 jeff

only fools would think 48 is not a threat at every race, I did not say anyone from the team made a comment about falling apart at the seams, I was referring to anyone who would say so, there have been many who have and that is nonsense of course.
I can make any Opinion known about the big picture as I see it, Kahne is a Girly Man, and that's MY OPINION, you are not required to agree, However its up to every individual to decide how they see what is going on, If the pro's cannot wrap their brains around it, who are we? fans just chatting, Its all Guessing and Back seat driving. Have A Great Week Sal.
only fools would think 48 is not a threat at every race, I did not say anyone from the team made a comment about falling apart at the seams, I was referring to anyone who would say so, there have been many who have and that is nonsense of course. I can make any Opinion known about the big picture as I see it, Kahne is a Girly Man, and that's MY OPINION, you are not required to agree, However its up to every individual to decide how they see what is going on, If the pro's cannot wrap their brains around it, who are we? fans just chatting, Its all Guessing and Back seat driving. Have A Great Week Sal.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 3 days ago 1276143363 2402442 2401827 Sal

@jeff: Thanks Jeff. And you are right we all have our opinions, and that's just one aspect of the sport that makes it interesting. I happen to like Kahne, but I feel this move will only hurt his career, the same way it did with Earnhardt.

Until Jeff and Jimmie either retire or leave the team which we know that wont happen, any driver who comes on board will be heavily scrutinized.
Thanks Jeff. And you are right we all have our opinions, and that's just one aspect of the sport that makes it interesting. I happen to like Kahne, but I feel this move will only hurt his career, the same way it did with Earnhardt. Until Jeff and Jimmie either retire or leave the team which we know that wont happen, any driver who comes on board will be heavily scrutinized.

* 0 likes
* Options

jeff clark 311163 Default-user-icon-comment posted 2 days ago 1276194090 2404901 2401827 jeff

@Sal: You are right, I would not want to be walking into Hendricks operation with thoughts of being nothing more than a test team for Jeff and Jimmy
You are right, I would not want to be walking into Hendricks operation with thoughts of being nothing more than a test team for Jeff and Jimmy

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 2 days ago 1276224872 2406763 2401827 Sal

@jeff: Its pretty sad when one team has that much clout, but yet their are teams who wish they could have productive driver.
Its pretty sad when one team has that much clout, but yet their are teams who wish they could have productive driver.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 2 days ago 1276224873 2406764 2401827 Sal

@jeff: Its pretty sad when one team has that much clout, but yet their are teams who wish they could have productive driver.
Its pretty sad when one team has that much clout, but yet their are teams who wish they could have productive driver.

* 0 likes
* Options

Sal Sigala Jr. 55991 Me_crop_45x45 posted 2 days ago 1276224874 2406765 2401827 Sal

* 0 likes
* Options

Loading more comments...

posted just now

* 0 likes
* Options

* Nobody has liked this comment yet

* Edit comment
* Delete comment
* Flag as offensive

Cancel Update Comment

This comment and all replies have been deleted This comment has been deleted Undo delete

reads

comments

Sports & Pop Culture Links
Hide X

* The Greatest Soccer Movies Ever - It's All About The "Action" The Greatest Soccer Movies Ever - It's All About The "Action"

From Moviefone
* Paul Pierce Punches A Ref In The FACE! Paul Pierce Punches A Ref In The FACE!

From Huffington Post
* The Sexiest Exes Of Athletes - Not Only Are They Hot, But They're Single! The Sexiest Exes Of Athletes - Not Only Are They Hot, But They're Single!

From Maxim
* Kobe Bryant Wipes His Snot On Ric Bucher - Hilarious! Kobe Bryant Wipes His Snot On Ric Bucher - Hilarious!

From Urlesque
* Two BIG Reasons To Be Excited For Football Season To Start Back Up Two BIG Reasons To Be Excited For Football Season To Start Back Up

From Break
* Whoa! MMA Fighter Gets His Ear TORN OFF Then Finishes The Fight - Awesome Whoa! MMA Fighter Gets His Ear TORN OFF Then Finishes The Fight - Awesome

From
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Empty Re: Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Post by cool66616 Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Junior tries to make strides to end two-year drought
Teammates see grit, have confidence in Earnhardt:
[b]

BROOKLYN, Mich. -- How unbelievable is Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s two-year victory drought? Since Junior visited Michigan International Speedway's Victory Lane after winning the 2008 LifeLock 400 -- 71 races ago -- no fewer than 19 other Sprint Cup drivers have won races, including 11 who have multiple victories.

In that time period, Junior's three Hendrick teammates have combined for 22 victories. The man he replaced, Kyle Busch, has won 10 races. Tony Stewart has won races for two separate operations. And the driver Junior hired to pilot his Nationwide team has a Cup victory under his belt.
Heluva Good! 400
Practice 2 Speeds

Pos. Driver Speed
1. Paul Menard 185.452
2. Carl Edwards 184.938
3. Jeff Burton 184.814
4. Jimmie Johnson 184.691
5. Jeff Gordon 184.549
12. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 183.421
• Complete Speeds
Practice 3 Speeds

Pos. Driver. Speed
1. Jimmie Johnson 183.795
2. Paul Menard 183.113
3. Denny Hamlin 182.644
4. Jeff Gordon 182.426
5. Kevin Harvick 182.315
19. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 181.461
• Complete Speeds
Lineup

Pos. Driver Speed
1. Kurt Busch 189.984
2. Jamie McMurray 189.788
3. Jimmie Johnson 189.668
4. Kasey Kahne 189.623
5. Jeff Burton 189.474
27. Dale Earnhardt Jr. 187.393
• Lineup | Practice 1 Speeds

But for a multitude of reasons, Dale Earnhardt Jr. remains winless. For a driver who had won 18 races and never had fewer than seven top-five finishes in a season since his rookie year, Earnhardt's lack of success is almost unparalleled. Since that race here in 2008, Junior has just six top-five finishes,13 top-10s and has led in only 22 races.

In fact, after qualifying 27th for Sunday's Heluva Good! 400, Junior admitted to reporters the anniversary hadn't even crossed his mind until it was brought up to Mark Martin. Martin tried to put Junior's frustration into perspective.

"It is really, really hard to win in this series, no matter how well you run," Martin said. "Just look at how well Jeff Gordon has run the first half of the season without getting a win. It is just amazing. I think it's underestimated by so many people how difficult it is to win these races and how little things interrupt.

"They have run good enough to win some races last year and they've run well in some races this year, many of them have been foiled by one little issue here, one little issue there. They are dug in and Dale Earnhardt Jr. is driving, in my eyes, he's driving harder than any race car driver out there. I can see it clear as day how bad he wants it when I'm on the race track with him. All the stars just haven't lined up to work out yet."

Earnhardt agreed, and said his struggles are definitely not from lack of effort. In fact, he's glad that his teammates can see how hard the team is working to get back to Victory Lane. One of those in his corner is Johnson.

"Man, I see great progress within their team," Johnson said. "I see race weekends where they are fast at different times and think it is time for them to win a race and break through and end that streak. I'm not inside their team enough to know exactly what all goes on, but I know he feels and knows that it is time.

"That has been well-documented with getting excited on the radio and the drive from the team, their level and how hard they are pushing to get to Victory Lane. As a teammate and a friend, I am hopeful that happens very soon for them and I know that they are working hard."

Earnhardt said the car was good in Friday's practice, but when rain washed away the accumulated rubber and the track became hot and slippery, he struggled to find the same speed in qualifying.

"We worked on the car in race trim when we first got here and felt like we had a really good car, but there was really a lot of grip in the track in the morning," Earnhardt said. "I like the balance of the car. We went into qualifying trim and ran an OK lap but the car wasn't glued and gripped up into the race track like it had been, like it normally feels in qualifying trim.

"It actually felt better in race trim than in qualifying trim. We went out there and ran just now and it really was about the same. It wasn't very good. But it felt like what we unloaded [Friday] morning felt pretty good to me."

The No. 88 Chevrolet team attempted to make strides in Saturday's practices. In the morning session, he was 12th-quickest with a fast lap of 183.421 mph, although Earnhardt dropped back to 19th in Happy Hour, complaining about inconsistent handling throughout the practice.

All 43 cars got on the track during the final 60 minutes of practice, with Johnson leading the way with a best lap of 183.795 mph. He was followed by Paul Menard, Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon and Kevin Harvick.

Clint Bowyer was forced to his backup after roughing up the right side of his primary.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Tvcoliseum.com Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:39 am

Great post Keep up the good work Smile
Tvcoliseum.com
Tvcoliseum.com
Admin
Admin

http://tvcoliseum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down