Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie

Go down

Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Empty Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I think a martial arts movie is missing. but yeah i think any movie with any of these two persons is always a great movie.

Back to top Go down

Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Empty Way Of The Dragon

Post by cool66616 Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Way Of The Dragon is my personal favourite of the Bruce Lee movies. Although it wasn't the first film to get me hooked on the Little Dragon, it will always be the one that gets a special place in my heart. I often wonder why this one and not the others ? Here I will try to explain it's appeal to me and how the Hong Kong Legends DVD lived up to my expectations.

Packaging

The Amaray case contains a nice, though hardly inspiring black/grey cover featuring a dynamic shot of Bruce with the nunchaku. This matches the rest of the other films in the series. It's quite minimal compared to, say the Hong Kong dvd release of the film Back Alley Princess that proudly reproduces the original poster art of the film in vibrant colours. Of course a different market demands images for that particular audience but I have to admit to being slightly underwhelmed by the simplicity of the cover.The rear of the cover features some quite small thumbnails of scenes from the movie along with difficult to read text (for those of you, like me who need specs) outlining the plot and special features on the disc.Inside we have a chapter list and along with some small ads for Hong Kong Legends other product.The disc itself actually does look nice and is a repeat of the cover art.
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Wayhkl1
Having owned the film in a number of VHS versions (and the R1 disc) over the years I wondered if this Special Collector's Edition would live up to theprevious releases of The Big Boss and Fist Of Fury. I have to say that it didn't let me down. Quite simply Way Of The Dragon has been lovingly restored frame by frame from the best original elements available.
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Wayhkl2
It's not perfect by any means as parts of the movie have obviously not aged very well due to the notoriously lousy film preservation techniques that were once the norm in Hong Kong. If I have one major gripe, being something of a sad nostalgia buff; the non inclusion of the original old Golden Harvest and Concord (yin/yang animation) logos at the start of the film is a loss for me.A veritable number of Media Asia logos instead preceed the film proper.
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Waycredits
Thank heavens the old logos still preceed the VHS version.As the opening credits roll we can see that HKL have decided to use the original HK version (in lovely anamorphically enhanced widescreen) for the transfer coming with a Cantonese language track or the usual (and best, for me that is) English dubbed version. Subtitles are also present in English or Dutch, and there are a thirty chapter stops .Another slightly controversial feature of the film is that the soundtrack has been re-mixed to a 5:1 Dolby Digital surround track. A lot of older films have been re-released this way and sometimes it works. I'm afraid that here it dosen't. It's certainly a nice touch but hardly tweaks your speakers at all, though the music track does admittedly sound nice through the rear speakers.It would have been a good idea to include an option for the mono track to be utilised. A similar complaint has been levelled at the Jaws 'Special Edition' disc, whereupon the Oscar winning mono track was abandoned for the new 5:1track.
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Wayhkl3
As stated earlier a couple of sequences in the film have not stood the test of time in terms of preservation. The most jarring are the scene where Bruce and the lovely Nora Miao encounter the gunman in her apartment. The gunman's closeup is pretty poor and a later sequence where Bruce ascends the stairs in the dark to confont him on the rooftop. There seems to be a lot of digital 'blocking' in these short clips along with ( possibly) ruined film emulsion.What of the actual film as a whole? Well obviously I'm 100% biased in saying that if this isn't THE best Bruce Lee film (and his most personal) then 'The Clones of Bruce Lee' is !
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Wayhkl6
My reasons for loving this movie are not complex by any means. From the opening strains of Joseph Koo's fabulous music, to the lovely compositions of Roman land marks, from Bruce's twinkling eyes and boyish charm, to his masterful demonstrations of his martial prowess, from the quaint humour of Tang Lung's encounter with the west to the deadly confrontation in the Colleseum and the finale, those parting moments with Nora and that famous walk up the hill as he disappears into the sun....whew! I'm getting quite emotional just sitting here playing those images through my mind.
Any jackie Chan and Bruce Lee Movie Wayhkl8
I first saw the film in the Summer of 1974 on it's original UK release and even then in it's butchered form I knew it was something quite different than all the other 'Kung Fu' movies doing the rounds. If anything it plays more like a sophisticated Italian comedy from the mid '60's a fact that probably wasn't lost on Bruce himself. If we didn't know better it wouldn't be a sin to suggest it rolled out of Cinecitta studios in Rome itself. It's evident on viewing that Bruce was very adept when it came to not only directing but all other aspects of film. If you look at the colour scheme of the interiors (at Golden Harvest in HK) and the exteriors of Rome you'll see that they fit together almost seamlessly with only budget constraintssometimes not reaching the mark. The dvd brings out these sets and exteriors in a lovely rich detail, from the opening airport bustle to the sad sunny end.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum