Sports and Events Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Visit www.Tvcoliseum.com
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DIVX registration code
DIVX Registration Codes
Latest topics
» DIVX player Registration Code
NASCAR NEWS EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 6:22 am by stella marie

» Better Than Icecream
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 12:53 am by cool66616

» Justin Bieber - As Long As You Love Me ft. Big Sean
NASCAR NEWS EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 am by cool66616

» The Best 'Resident Evil 6' Moments
NASCAR NEWS EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:29 am by cool66616

» Tim Tebow's '666' tweet causes a stir
NASCAR NEWS EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:12 am by cool66616

» what is the difference of an Iphone4 versus Iphone 3
NASCAR NEWS EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm by Guest

» new topic for you...sports events in different cities
NASCAR NEWS EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm by Xander55

» Perfect Two lyrics
NASCAR NEWS EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:38 am by Guest

» funny how people make fun of the olympics
NASCAR NEWS EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm by Xander55

» UFC FUEL TV Results
NASCAR NEWS EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 pm by Xander55

» As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win
NASCAR NEWS EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm by Xander55

»  to have a gas engineer disconnect two gas fires (UK)?
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:29 pm by Guest

» Supernatural fans:Why Dean Winchester seems
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 am by slice2020

» How to become Corgi registered gas engineer?
NASCAR NEWS EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:59 am by slice2020

» I want to make money online from India?
NASCAR NEWS EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:44 pm by Guest

» How to make money online in India?
NASCAR NEWS EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:39 pm by Guest

» How to make money through online in INDIA
NASCAR NEWS EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm by Guest

» How far away is the pitching machines in the Mississauga Playdium?
NASCAR NEWS EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:41 am by Guest

» Charles Woodson Finally Champion
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:31 pm by Guest

» My Last Duchess
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Bean Eaters
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:30 pm by Guest

» The Chimney-Sweeper
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:29 pm by Guest

» Diving into the Wreck

» The Writer

» We Wear the Mask
NASCAR NEWS EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm by Guest

Request Movies Here
Request Movies Here
UFC FUEL TV Results

Fri May 25, 2012 3:08 pm by Anonymous

UFC FUEL TV Results

Fighters
Str
TD
Sub
Pass
Method
Rnd
Time
Replay
WINChan Sung Jung
Dustin Poirier
R4
Submission 4 of 5 00:01:07 --
WINAmir Sadollah
Jorge Lopez
R3
Decision - Split 3 of 3 00:05:00 --
WINDonald Cerrone
Jeremy Stephens

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Fri May 25, 2012 3:18 pm by Anonymous

[b]As a woman...about the UFC who i want to win

Stefan-Struve OMG he is sooo cute....yes my female hormones pick the fighter!!

Skill Breakdown
Charts are compiled based on results from all fights.
Total Fights: 11
Record: 27-5-0
Summary: kickboxing and submissions
Fighter Info
Nickname: Skyscraper

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 1

Short history of the UFC

Fri May 25, 2012 2:57 pm by Anonymous

What is MMA and the UFC?

Originating from the full contact sport of Vale tudo in Brazil, the UFC was created in the United States in 1993 with minimal rules, and was promoted as a competition to determine the most effective marital art for unarmed combat situations.

It wasn't long before the …

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Sports and Events Forums on your social bookmarking website

Shop Merchandise

NASCAR NEWS

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NASCAR NEWS Empty NASCAR NEWS

Post by cool66616 Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:43 am

NASCAR NEWS Enterprise.665
Four-timers Jimmie Johnson is one race away from joining a very elite club -- four-time Cup champions. While Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon didn't do it consecutively, the story behind their fourth championship will live forever in history.[b]

Last edited by cool66616 on Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:52 am; edited 3 times in total
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

NASCAR NEWS Empty Re: NASCAR NEWS

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:39 am

Dale Earnhardt sr. is a legend and will be missed he would have had more if we would have made it alive in that Daytona 500 event. RIP. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:46 pm

NASCAR NEWS Kyle.540

Kyle Busch never met Dale Earnhardt. He saw him once, when he was around 16 years old, from roughly 50 feet away. The Joe Gibbs Racing driver keeps an even greater distance between himself and any notion that he's some second coming of the Intimidator, a menacing figure in the rearview mirror who won't be hesitant to use the front fender if and when the situation calls for it.

No question, the guy has championship material in him. But winning the championship is something else altogether, and it's natural to wonder if a racer with Busch's mentality can make it over the long haul of a 36-week season.Goodness, just the mention of the two men in the same sentence is sure to get the traditionalists hopping, and guaranteed to make certain that the inbox is overloaded with missives of discontent. Let's be very honest -- Busch is no Earnhardt, no seven-time champion, no larger-than-life figure, no icon of the sport. He surely realizes that, and treads carefully, almost sheepishly, around any questions that try to link him in any way with Big E.

In the same vein, though, it's foolish to see Busch's hard-charging driving style, to see his all-or-nothing attitude, and not think a certain man with a mustache would have nodded approvingly at the sight.

Such is the enigma that is Kyle Busch, the defending champion of this weekend's Cup event at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, his hometown race track. He's persona non grata among the many fans of Dale Earnhardt Jr., by virtue of the numerous on-track scrapes the two have had in recent years. And yet, from a racing standpoint, at least, you have to wonder if the same people Busch most appeals to are those who once enjoyed watching Junior's dad.

No question, there's a stark difference in terms of force of personality -- despite his millions, Earnhardt was a sort of blue-collar figure who earned the adulation of the working man, something Busch has not and may never achieve. But give him a helmet and put him behind the wheel, and those differences blur."My biggest fan base, I guess, is the people who like the raw racer," said Busch, who has finished 14th in each of the first two events of this season. "They like the guy who wants to go out for wins. He doesn't settle for finishes. He doesn't take losing easily. Fans who don't like that are the ones who say I whine too much, or I complain, or I should live my life better, or don't live it good enough, or something like that. I have no problem living my life the way I live it. I just want to win. There's nothing wrong with wanting to win."

Winning is something Busch has done a lot of in recent years -- 21 combined victories on all three national series in 2008, 20 more last season, a Nationwide Series victory at Auto Club Speedway in Southern California last week. From a Cup Series perspective, though, the kid who grew up at the corner of Jones and Sahara avenues is enduring something of a rebuilding project after missing the Chase by eight points and changing crew chiefs late in 2009.

Busch has won just once at NASCAR's highest level since last spring, a Detroit Lions-like skid by his demanding standards. He may have more natural talent than anyone else in the garage area, and the relationship between him and crew chief Dave Rogers shows every sign of working. Even so, it's been too long since we've seen that bowing, pot-stirring Busch that people either love, or love to hate.

No question, the guy has championship material in him -- nobody who saw him hunt down Jimmie Johnson on that final restart at Chicagoland Speedway two years would doubt that. But winning the championship is something else altogether, and it's natural to wonder if a racer with Busch's mentality can make it over the long haul of a 36-week season.

He almost did it in 2008, when he might well have won a ring had points not been reset under the Chase format, might be a champion today if a heim joint would have held at New Hampshire and an engine not failed at Dover. Almost, though, doesn't count. And you look at the way Johnson wins titles, so smooth and unflappable, knocking out top-five after top-five, and you wonder if a win-at-all-costs guy like Busch is capable of doing it his way.

Perhaps that is the next step in the maturation process of a driver who is only 24 years old. For all the comparisons to Earnhardt, it's easy to forget that the Intimidator had seasons like 1994, when he won his last championship with just one victory in the season's final 21 races, burying the competition under an avalanche of third- and fourth-place finishes.

God bless drivers who pledge to bring it to Victory Lane, or bring it home in a box. Those are the kind of people who electrify a fan base. And yet, you don't win seven titles without simply taking a good points day every now and then. Yes, it seems to run counter to what everybody, drivers and spectators alike, wants to see. But it's practical. The older he gets, the more Busch will see that bigger picture, and the more of a threat he'll become to win it all.

And yet, can Busch evolve into that more mature, more calculated championship contender, and still retain all the parts of him that are so much fun to watch? Therein lies the rub. All drivers adapt over time, and Busch will be no different. But can he be less of a hard charger, less of an all-or-nothing driver, and still keep those facets of his personality that some people love and some people hate? If he wakes up one day willing to trade 36 fifth-place finishes for a championship, will we lose the guy who smashes guitars and talks smack on the radio and plays the villain's role with more gusto than anyone since Jack Nicholson? Will we lose the very things that make Kyle Kyle?

Certainly, we hope not. A lot is changing in Kyle Busch's life -- he's getting married, he's started a Camping World Truck Series team, he's trying to rebuild his Cup program, he's on the verge of being surpassed by Danica Patrick as NASCAR's preeminent foot-stomper. He is quite literally growing up right in front of us, and the Busch that emerges on the other end will likely be somewhat different than the one we know now. How different? Perhaps better suited to win a championship. And that's fine, just as long as he promises to wreck a musical instrument every now and then.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:37 pm

Tough to ignoreJoe Menzer says much of America's racing fraternity may be sick of Johnson. But winning his 49th Cup race in his 294th career start is something to savor.NASCAR NEWS Menz.T1
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:06 am

NASCAR NEWS 1267494161

A new cast of White Sox is being indoctrinated to Ozzie Guillen's brand of unapologetic – for the most part – straight talk.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:10 am

Say, has anybody else noticed that Joey Logano's doing well?
By Jay Busbee

Lost in all the oh my gawd Jimmie Johnson's winning again I'm gonna quit NASCAR for real this time nonsense and the pothole/false caution light silliness of the first three weeks of the season is the fact that Joey Logano -- he of the incessant is-he-shaving-yet jokes and godawful nickname -- is running in 8th place in the Chase standings.*

Logano ended in 6th place, just barely losing out to Matt Kenseth on his second straight top-5 berth. And while his lone win, last year at New Hampshire, came about because of a rain-shortened race, there's been no luck involved in his strong performances this year.

"Last year, at this time I was ready to kill myself and this year I'm definitely having a blast, and that all comes with running good," Logano said. (Oh no! A teenager talking about killing himself! Not funny, Joey!) "It makes it a lot more fun when you come to a race track instead of dreading going to the next race because 'I don't know if we're going to be good here?' Now I'm pumped up and looking forward to getting back to the race track, so it's fun."

We've had so much fun with Logano around here that it's easy to forget the guy's only run 42 races to date. And he's been so hyped for so long that it's almost surprising to see him live up to the hype. But so far, so good. Ten percent of the way through the season, and about 2 percent of the way through his career, and all's going very well indeed.NASCAR NEWS Ept_sports_nascar_marbles-702602111-1267476978NASCAR NEWS Ept_sports_nascar_marbles-702602111-1267476978
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:21 am

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the current news buddy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 am

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nascar/2010/news/headlines/cup/03/02/head.2.head.end.start.park/h2h.540.jpg

In Las Vegas, three Cup drivers ended their day after 65 laps or less. At Fontana, the number climbed to six. In the Nationwide Series, the number is higher with four going home early in Las Vegas and seven leaving the Fontana race.

Start-and-park teams have been a part of NASCAR for a while, but recently the attention on these lower-tiered teams has been tightened. This past weekend in Las Vegas, NASCAR announced a change to the inspection process when it comes to teams leaving a race without being involved in an accident (read more).

So should NASCAR just eliminate the opportunity for teams to start and park? Read both sides of the argument and weigh in with your thoughts in the comments at the bottom. Don't forget to vote on whose argument you agree with more in the poll at the right.

Should NASCAR disallow start-and-park teams from competing?

YES NO
If an owner doesn't want to pay for tires and a pit crew to finish a race, why should fans bring their hard earned money to the track to watch the efforts of someone going through the motions?

If nothing else, start-and-park reeks of tackiness, degrades the field and makes a mockery of the sport preformed at its highest level. Fans come out and tune in to watch their drivers race their hearts out -- not to display a half-ability to make left turns, drop to the back of the field and then head to the garage for ... ahem ... engine (i.e. money) problems.

NASCAR's recent announcement that they plan to keep an eye on teams who enter races with no intention of trying to finish foreshadows that even the sanctioning body recognizes the problem.

And it's about time.

Imagine taking your family to a Major League ballpark, only to see one ball club take the field with three less players in the third inning because the owner couldn't afford to field an entire team. No one -- the fans, other owners, corporate sponsors or the league itself would stand for it and if this is "my NASCAR," why would I expect anything less?

I have a certain amount of empathy for teams and their owners who are chasing the dreams of being a part of this great sport. But let's face it, the Cup Series -- NASCAR's premier series, mind you, isn't exactly the place to be cutting your teeth or scraping by.

• Chris Stanfield, NASCAR.COM

The opinions expressed are solely those of the writer. I'm not a fan of start-and-park teams -- but what exactly is the harm?

If a team enters the race, pays the entry fee, practices and qualifies for the race, why does that team need to race to the finish if it doesn't want to? Because it bumped a full-time team out of the race?

That logic makes no sense.

Sure, it's frustrating for fans to see a team pack it up 30 laps into a race, but let's be honest, some teams don't have the budgets that Hendrick, Roush, Gibbs, and others have. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to participate.

The fact is, this team came to the track and qualified well enough to make the field. If for monetary reasons that team feels it's better to not wreck and settle for last-place money, no one can, or should be able to, prevent that. It's their prerogative.

There are teams in every sport that don't spend a lot of money and aren't as successful as the top teams. Should the MLB, NFL or NBA step in and tell them they can't compete? The Royals don't spend as much as the Yankees and are no where near as competitive, so the Royals shouldn't even bother.

Start-and-parks have been around forever. It's nothing new in NASCAR, but for some reason a light is shining on it right now. These teams aren't breaking any rules, and aren't altering the competition, so just let it be.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 am

NASCAR NEWS Cup.hom.sights.sounds.145x93

Jimmy Johnson does it again!!! (This is the man to watch for again)

Last edited by cool66616 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:27 am

NASCAR NEWS Smack.665

[b]PROTENDERS AND CODENDERS!!!
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 am

i like this topic keeping us up to date with the latest news and what is happening in nascar world today. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:27 am

New playground on tap for RMH Charities in K.C.
Foundation's build is part of NASCAR Day platform
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Representatives from the NASCAR Foundation, Sprint Inc., Ronald McDonald House, Turner Construction and Kansas Speedway broke ground Friday for a state-of-the-art playground at the Ronald McDonald House of Kansas City.

The playground is one of five community service projects across the country being hosted by the NASCAR Foundation to help celebrate NASCAR Day and will be dedicated in honor of Tom Murphy, a former Sprint executive and NASCAR Foundation board member.

"The legacy of Tom Murphy both at Sprint and within the larger Kansas City community is one of selfless dedication and commitment," said Steve Gaffney, Sprint vice president of media and sponsorship. "It is fitting that this Ronald McDonald Playground is being built in Tom's honor as it was one of the causes related to children and families that truly inspired Tom's dedication to charitable service.

"Sprint is proud to support the Ronald McDonald House and this project that will bring smiles to the faces of kids and families for many years to come."

Throughout his adult life, Murphy was a strong supporter of the Ronald McDonald House of Kansas City and served on its board of directors. His wife, Jenny, was on hand to participate in the ceremony.

"The boys and I are thrilled that The NASCAR Foundation chose to honor Tom's memory with this incredible playground at the Ronald McDonald House," she said. "Both NASCAR and Ronald McDonald House Charities were close to Tom's heart. It would have meant a lot to him to see these two organizations working together to make this a special place for the children and families who stay here."

The playground, which will be built over the course of five days, May 12-16, is made possible through a generous gift by Sprint Inc. and the NASCAR Foundation. Local construction company, Turner Construction, has also donated all of its services to make the build possible.

Annually, the Ronald McDonald House and Family Room provide lodging to nearly 6,000 families and supports more than 41,000 visits from family and friends of in-patients at Children's Mercy Hospital. The playground will provide a place for children and their families to come, relax and rejuvenate their spirits.

"The playground is an incredible gift that thousands of families will have the opportunity to enjoy each and every year," said Holly Buckendahl, executive director of the Ronald McDonald House of Kansas City. "At Ronald McDonald House Charities, our hope is that families experience a sense of normalcy, hope, and comfort while staying with us, despite being far from home during difficult and stressful times. The playground is vital in helping us provide a home away from home."

Numerous volunteers will be needed to fill shifts each day of the project. For more information or to sign up to volunteer visit www.nascar.com/nascarday and click on the Ronald McDonald House Charities Kansas City project. Fans and community members can also support the project by donating $5 for a NASCAR Day pin at the Ronald McDonald House Charities Kansas City or by going online to the NASCAR Day Web site.

The build is one of five keystone events to take place on NASCAR Day aimed at helping children live happier, healthier lives. The "Big Five" projects include: renovation and race theme decoration of a portion of the Aflac Cancer Center and Blood Disorders Service in Atlanta; partnering with Bank of America for a racing-themed educational initiative at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla.; working with Sprint Inc. for a playground build at the Kansas City Ronald McDonald House in Kansas City, Mo.; A Place for Hope project outside Charlotte, N.C., and a youth initiative at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.

NASCAR Day, which will occur on May 21, is an annual charitable celebration of the NASCAR spirit that enables fans and corporate partners to join together to make a difference in the lives of children. Since it began in 2004, NASCAR Day has raised nearly $8 million for charity.

This year marks the first time that The NASCAR Foundation has taken on multiple national service projects of this magnitude to celebrate and create awareness for children's causes through the NASCAR Day platform.

"This is a monumental year for NASCAR Day," said NASCAR Foundation executive director Sandy Marshall. "Through the generous support of all our partners and fans we are able to host these five keystone events across the country -- something we have never undertaken before on NASCAR Day. We hope that on NASCAR Day fans will participate in these events or get involved in community service projects in their own communities that will help children live happier, healthier lives."
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Tvcoliseum.com Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 am

Super job Very Happy
Tvcoliseum.com
Tvcoliseum.com
Admin
Admin

http://tvcoliseum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:22 am

NASCAR NEWS Menard.540
Don't look now ...
There are a couple of surprises in the top 12, namely Red Bull's Scott Speed and Richard Petty Motorsports' Paul Menard. But first, our writers give their final thoughts on the Edwards vs. Keselowski battle in Track Smack
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:05 pm

NASCAR NEWS G.w.c.665
Yellow stainNASCAR's change to its green-white-checkered rule had the desired effect at Daytona, but not so much at Atlanta
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:26 pm

NASCAR NEWS Keselowski.665
Not changing a thingBrad Keselowski has ruffled plenty of feathers but the Michigan native says that aggressive is his driving style and he isn't concerned about what others think about it.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:54 am

NASCAR NEWS Joe.665

Current eventsThe first four races of the season have produced plenty of hot-topic talk, some driver resurgences and even a couple of surprises. And all of this before Bristol.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:28 pm

NASCAR NEWS Track.smack.665
Boiling points:There are some hot topics in NASCAR these days -- the lightning rod that is BK, and the spoiler. Plus, Bristol may be just the place to get Kyle Busch's blood boiling again.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:39 am

NASCAR NEWS Menardspeed.665
NEW FACES IN NE PLACES

Paul Menard and Scott Speed aren't used to the attention that comes with being in the top 12.But that's not to say the duo isn't relishing every moment in the spotlight!!
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 am

This season has started out as a blast of as a blast so far.Great racing!! But lets see who can be the 2010 Sprint Car Champion!!!

Last edited by cool66616 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm

NASCAR NEWS Kahne.665
Off to HendrickKasey Kahne has signed with Hendrick Motorsports for the 2012 Cup season and has informed RPM he will not be returning. Still undecided is where he will drive in 2011.
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 am

Great post keep it up

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:40 am

cableguy wrote:Great post keep it up
Surprising resultFriday at Texas Motor Speedway, Tony Stewart did something he hasn't done since the Martinsville race in October 2005 -- qualify on the pole for a Cup Series race.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nascar/2010/news/headlines/cup/04/16/tstewart.pole.texas/stewartpole.665.jpg
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:15 am

cool66616 wrote:
Surprising resultFriday at Texas Motor Speedway, Tony Stewart did something he hasn't done since the Martinsville race in October 2005 -- qualify on the pole for a Cup Series race.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nascar/2010/news/headlines/cup/04/16/tstewart.pole.texas/stewartpole.665.jpg

Now do you believe there's tension between Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson?

There was no hiding it following Sunday's Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway where, moments after getting out of his torn up race car, Gordon had this to say about his teammate and friend: "The 48 [Johnson] is testing my patience. It takes a lot to make me mad, but I am pissed right now. … I don't know what it is with me and him right now."

At issue for Gordon was the way Johnson blocked him with only a handful of laps to go. Gordon was charging on the inside line when Johnson changed lanes right in front of him, forcing Gordon to check up. Moments later, stuck in mid-pack traffic instead of being at the front, Gordon was caught in a wreck that ended any shot he had at victory.

This incident comes on the heels of last week's run-in between the two where Gordon questioned the way Johnson raced him at Texas Motor Speedway. After that race, both drivers said they were "disappointed" in the other.

At Texas, there were arguments to be made on both sides, as neither Johnson nor Gordon cut each other any slack. The latest incident, however, is cut and dried. Johnson, slowed up in the middle lane, clearly blocked Gordon's progress for no apparent reason. Gordon had every right to be mad.

The question now is how does this impact their relationship going forward?

While Gordon has maintained a relatively clean image throughout his 18-year career, he's never been hesitant to push back when he feels he's been wronged. We saw this a few weeks ago at Martinsville when, after a run-in with Matt Kenseth, Gordon used his bumper to make sure Kenseth didn't win the race.

Rick Hendrick obviously doesn't want to see a similar response. (Neither would Gordon. He does, after all, have partial ownership of the 48 car.) The guess here is that Hendrick will meet with the two drivers this week. He'll listen as both drivers give their side of the story, then will chime in with some sage advice that will diffuse the situation.

That said, next weekend at Richmond, the 24-48 situation will be all the talk, and the cameras will be trained on them whenever the two are next to each other on the track.NASCAR NEWS Ept_sports_nascar_marbles-302336113-1272235767
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by cool66616 Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:34 am

cool66616 wrote:
cool66616 wrote:

Now do you believe there's tension between Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson?

There was no hiding it following Sunday's Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway where, moments after getting out of his torn up race car, Gordon had this to say about his teammate and friend: "The 48 [Johnson] is testing my patience. It takes a lot to make me mad, but I am pissed right now. … I don't know what it is with me and him right now."

At issue for Gordon was the way Johnson blocked him with only a handful of laps to go. Gordon was charging on the inside line when Johnson changed lanes right in front of him, forcing Gordon to check up. Moments later, stuck in mid-pack traffic instead of being at the front, Gordon was caught in a wreck that ended any shot he had at victory.

This incident comes on the heels of last week's run-in between the two where Gordon questioned the way Johnson raced him at Texas Motor Speedway. After that race, both drivers said they were "disappointed" in the other.

At Texas, there were arguments to be made on both sides, as neither Johnson nor Gordon cut each other any slack. The latest incident, however, is cut and dried. Johnson, slowed up in the middle lane, clearly blocked Gordon's progress for no apparent reason. Gordon had every right to be mad.

The question now is how does this impact their relationship going forward?

While Gordon has maintained a relatively clean image throughout his 18-year career, he's never been hesitant to push back when he feels he's been wronged. We saw this a few weeks ago at Martinsville when, after a run-in with Matt Kenseth, Gordon used his bumper to make sure Kenseth didn't win the race.

Rick Hendrick obviously doesn't want to see a similar response. (Neither would Gordon. He does, after all, have partial ownership of the 48 car.) The guess here is that Hendrick will meet with the two drivers this week. He'll listen as both drivers give their side of the story, then will chime in with some sage advice that will diffuse the situation.

That said, next weekend at Richmond, the 24-48 situation will be all the talk, and the cameras will be trained on them whenever the two are next to each other on the track.NASCAR NEWS Ept_sports_nascar_marbles-302336113-1272235767
cool66616
cool66616

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next